Delk's Army Navy Surplus???

colonel

Does anyone have any info. on Delk's outside Asheboro. What kind of inventory, pricing and the like. Thinking of making a day trip if it's worth the drive.

Delk's has a lot of stuff but I'm not sure of their prices.

prices are a little hi on some stuff. they have lots of inventory.

Walk around out back..... u will see stuff u never even dreamed of.

They quoted me $300 each for 50% tread dry rotted 37" radials on H1s..... I was done with them then. if you are interested in the stuff they sell inside (standard milsurp store stuff) then their prices are decent.

Lots of true "surplus" as in older stuff. A bit of newer, overpriced stuff. It's a cool place to browse but I stopped shopping there when the internet became mainstream. They're awful proud of most everything they have.

I used to love going to Surplus's and Pawn Shops.That was like 8 years ago.Every one of those shops I go to now,I might as well be paying full retail.It's ridiculous.I'd love to know if anyone knows places that are still reasonable.

I probably shouldnt comment haha I went to school with delks son(not a big fan). For the most part their stuff is way high even compared to local surplus stores around base.

Oh yeah, def pricey on parts (found a 14 bolt ff & he wanted $800, I ended up finding 6 14bff's & only paid $650 for all of them). Clothes, odds & ends are priced ok.

Thanks for all the info.! Still haven't made my mind up if it's worth the trip. But as someone else said where is the best place in NC. Most surplus stores are very much the same I guess. White Owl in Kinston seems high and Pappy's Army Navy outside Goldsboro hasn't had much but old crap.

Vehicles and trailers are priced crazy high. I was looking for a 3/4 ton trailer and they had a few, all with horrible rust. They wanted 900 bucks for a trailer with terminal rust!

Back