Dented frame

barton

i am in the process of outboarding my springs on my cj7, I was using a c clamp and crushed the frame a little. Any suggestions on pulling the dent out.

If you crushed it I'd bet there's rust on the inside.

From what I can see there is not I tightened the c clamp really tight and it just slowly started caving in not much but a little

It'll be fine. Or use a prybar to straighten it out. Without pics it's kinda hard to give better advice.

I don’t think you can even see it with the picture I forgot to mention it is a boxed frame frame the factory so it’s crap to begin with

I’ve done this on a unibody I had crushed on rocks, use a hole saw and cut out a 1” hole find an curved crowbar or any type of heavy metal and work around the circle until the frames back out in place then weld ya hole back up with the hole saw piece you cut out and ya done!

If It’s on the inside of frame you’ll have to cut the hole in bottom of frame or opposite side then use a piece of metal stock and a BFH... basically with hole saw you can fix it if ya have a hammer and let bar or beater bar!

Or just plate the area, if that doesn't interfere with anything.

This, just weld a plate over it. whether ts rusted inside or not you're doing your self a favor. Less work.

Just one more stuff to it, it should be okay.

If ya don’t care about the plate appearance which if used off-road eventually you won’t, I’d plate it! I had a unibody on my rig so plates weren’t in my arsenal of tools and skill at the time lol

gives more surface area for welding, also keep the heat from a straight vertical line.
Yeah your answer is an actual answer... I gave him a visual reference and didn’t explain why lol good look out!

Back