Diesel additives

I ran stanadyne performance formula in my LB7 every 2 or 3 tanks . Don't really know if it helped anything, but it didn't hurt.

Here's the lubricity additive study done on diesel place about 10 years ago. Most of the formulas of the additives haven't changed in that time so the results are still accurate.
Biodiesel is the best lubricate but is also more prone to gelling and creating algae in the tank. Optilube also tested well and better than the 2 stroke oil.

Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

For the record I don't run anything. I had a fuel pressure regulator stick and I ran seafoam through it to clear it out and added some 2 stroke oil. Haven't put anything else in the tank since

I keep both the power service white and red in my truck tool box. As well as a gallon of lucas diesel additive add a little to each tank. I've had my fuel jell once when I didn't think it should have jelled so I keep both on hand

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I keep both the power service white and red in my truck tool box. As well as a gallon of lucas diesel additive add a little to each tank. I've had my fuel jell once when I didn't think it should have jelled so I keep both on hand

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You need to check out that link I posted and throw that lucas crap you're using in the trash. Its actually worse than just regular diesel as far as lubricity goes.

A while back I had some ecm issues that we thought were injectors on my Cummins and I dumped in a bunch of that hotshot cleaner from Northern tool and when I pulled the injectors they looked like new and no carbon was in the cylinders . My problem ended up in the ecm.
I will continue the 2 cycle oil per filup and 1qt atf for cleaning.

BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC.
828-779-2242

CRC Diesel Therapy is the schizznit.
When I was attending Cummins classes in my dealership days, we were instructed (by Cummins and Chrysler reps) to run a bottle of it through the tank prior to condemning injectors. It flat out works.
If I was repairing a fish bite miss, I could monitor cylinder contribution % and then add a bottle. Take the truck out, run the piss out of it, come back and recheck the %. Never once had one that didn't clear up (assuming it wasn't a dead electrical issue with the injector).
NAPA carries it.

I looked at my cold 7.3 and need to fill up and add something. Been using Diesel Kleen Winterize successfully for years. Never tried another product

We stock stanadyne, power service and diesel aid. Common rail applications that use a water separator we typically use a demulsifier and older or vehicles with no water separator we use an emulsifier. We try to avoid any product that's got alcohol!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I use Howes. In my Snapon days, my Cummins powered van started surging and lost power after I filled up at a place I was not familiar with. I limped into Autozone and the guy told me Howes flat worked wonders. I tried it and the truck cleared up in less than a mile.

I put 6oz in my SD every tank, WM has the big bottle for under $10 instead of the 16-18 at parts stores.

I run algae in my tanks.:kaioken:

Don't drive the darn thing enough I guess. I have been treating it with some biocide but have probably swapped 8 fuel filters in the least 4k miles.

Mine sits too much as well..... is biocide the best treatment for algae?

Biocide kills the algae, then your filter collects the dead alage the pumps sucks up.

CRC Diesel Therapy is the schizznit.
When I was attending Cummins classes in my dealership days, we were instructed (by Cummins and Chrysler reps) to run a bottle of it through the tank prior to condemning injectors. It flat out works.
If I was repairing a fish bite miss, I could monitor cylinder contribution % and then add a bottle. Take the truck out, run the piss out of it, come back and recheck the %. Never once had one that didn't clear up (assuming it wasn't a dead electrical issue with the injector).
NAPA carries it.

Is this the stuff you are talking about. If so how often would you add it? I'm a little pissed at Ram right now. My 14 has had a number of emissions issues over the last year and the latest was a bad EGR door. On the report it says it was heavily fouled with soot. I asked the dealer if they did anything to clean it and their reply was that it is not needed it will take care of itself. I call BS so I'm wondering if this cleans injectors so go will it clean deposits out of the combustion chamber.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05232-Th...41939&sr=8-1&keywords=CRC+Diesel+Therapy&th=1

Is this the stuff you are talking about. If so how often would you add it? I'm a little pissed at Ram right now. My 14 has had a number of emissions issues over the last year and the latest was a bad EGR door. On the report it says it was heavily fouled with soot. I asked the dealer if they did anything to clean it and their reply was that it is not needed it will take care of itself. I call BS so I'm wondering if this cleans injectors so go will it clean deposits out of the combustion chamber.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05232-Therapy-Injector-Cleaner/dp/B000M8NWYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479841939&sr=8-1&keywords=CRC+Diesel+Therapy&th=1

That's the one.
Granted, that was back in 2010-2012 when I was neck deep in Cummins driveability classes. But I still use it myself.

Cummins quit recommending it late 12 early 13.

But only when they hired the global marketing Nazi who fired anyone who recommended anything non-cummins.
They now recommend their own product:
https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/sites/default/files/MB10106.pdf

But according to those who have used both this product isnt nearly as effective, All the full time Cummins guys I know who will use a fuel additive still use the CRC stuff

My friend has a 1997 7.3 and put 32 ounces of ARCHOIL in his hpop and switched from rotella t to rotella t6 full synthetic. Cant say which made the difference but the motor is remarkably quieter and smoother than before that expensive oil change.

Does anyone put 2 stroke in fuel..is it any good? How much

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I run the Walmart brand 2 stroke outboard oil in my fuel. I'm not one to use additives but I've noticed a difference in how it runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using OptiLube in my last two tanks and have noticed an improvement in mileage.

I've been using OptiLube in my last two tanks and have noticed an improvement in mileage.

I ran about 50 gallons of hyd. oil mixed with diesel in my old 7.3. Started smoking a bit after that. 10 gal. of diesel & 2 cans of sea foam, cleaned that smoke right up..

Back