Diesel oil shortage?

I have run Rotella in all 3 of the 7.3's I've had and never had an injector problem.My 6.0 gets Delvac.

I think the biggest thing is changing it around 5000-ish miles. My buddy swears he can tell when it's time to change his based on how it runs. He could just be paranoid, who knows?

Like I said, I don't think it's bad. I've just seen a slew of people act like they can't change their oil because that's the only one that exists. Mind you, these were a lot of FB groups and they always bring out the absolute best that humanity has to offer :D

Had to find some yesterday, mine is due. Usually order amazon but had to hit parts store and pay more for not my usual brand. Only had 3 jugs of 5w40 syn..
Mopar fuel filters are also up about 40 bucks. I went with Docs filters this time, $200 for me to change my own fuel filters and oil is just stupid...

I spent $500 at genos for one of their oil / fuel filter kits good for 30k miles or something. Plus the crankcase filter, egr cleaning kit, and an air filter. Not sure what to expect when I pull the egr valve for cleaning.

I spent $500 at genos for one of their oil / fuel filter kits good for 30k miles or something. Plus the crankcase filter, egr cleaning kit, and an air filter. Not sure what to expect when I pull the egr valve for cleaning.
Sounds like money should fall out. 🤷‍♂️

I have always used t6 in my 6.0. Wonder if this would be different/better
I put a new long block in mine and the installer put it in.It only has about 1200 miles on it but once its broke in good I'm going back to Mobil 1 full syn.

My EGR is only for looks now so I guess it can stay dirty!

I was walking through wally-world yesterday and saw a bottle of T6 just chillin' in a random spot on the shelf....grabbed it and started the Easter egg hunt for more. I didn't find anymore, but I was still happy to have found it.

I have tried a bunch of different oils in the wife's 4.0l XJ and T6 is the only one that doesn't give me issues. The VW TDI and the kubota are probably going to get delvac 15W40 until the world returns to normal (*IF it does). 15W40 still seems to be readily available..... although T6 was at one point too......I suppose I should probably buy a couple more 2.5 gallon jugs.

Back