Disabling Passlock in 2015 Malibu?

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
Anyone have any idea how to permanently disable the Passlock in this car? I know on the earlier ones there is a wire you can clip.

My daily is a 2015 Malibu. A few months back my Passlock started acting up. It would go on for two-three turns and then the car would start. Sometimes one turn, sometimes 10 turns, sometimes it would start right up. My son swore if he juggled the lock cylinder it would start. I think the sensor in the column has gone bad because now it won't start at all. Car has been sitting for a couple weeks now and I need it going again. I don't want to go through the effort of replacing that stupid thing on a car that not only will no one steal, but even if they did it is a 2015 Malibu.

Yes, I did the Passlock unlock reset deal several times and nothing. I'm thinking it has got to be the sensor.

I hate new cars, such bullshit.

if you could figure out the resistance on the sensor you may be able to install a resistor in it's place to fool the ecu.

Bringing this back up. Looks like my BCM might be dying from what I'm diagnosing and what I'm seeing. Does anyone know if I have to take it to the dealer for this? I keep seeing you have to take it to the dealer for reprogramming. Ugh.

Back