Diy inner beadlocks?

bigjeeprob

ive seen lots of weld on OUTER beadlocks. anyone make diy INNER beadlocks? need them for a 17 inch wheel. preferably the type that you cut your inner lip off, so the end result wont be 1-2 inches wider like the type that just welds to the outside. but ill consider anything.
anyone make or seen these??? thanx

problem is brake clearance. most are too large to clear brake calipers unless you run a 20" wheel with 3/4 ton rotors and calipers.

I'm sure it can be done

thanx, also, i got your pm. i believe w/e, t/r, and some other company s have double locks, with the inner ring being quite smaller in order to clear the caliper. i am hoping that going to 17s from a stock 15 will net me enough room for some type of ring.
i have access to plasma's and lasers, but wouldent mind buying vs spending the time to make these from scratch.

if you watch haulin or crawlin 3 and 4, you can see inside rings on some of the rigs. and theyr e running tires that i know are only 17 inch wheel size

I can't imagine the pain of changing a tire/wheel combo with over 60 bolts on it, much less 4 of them. 240+ bolts?!?!

I would lean towards either H1's (which can be recentered to almost any bolt pattern and backspacing) or Staun's if double beadlocks are needed.

Upon my research to get some beadlocks on my 16.5” rims, I’ve found that some guys are running bead screws (sometimes just for the inners, sometimes just for the outer, sometimes both)…pretty cheap solution, and has a good risk of leaking, but has some apparently a large number of happy users.

Another thing you can do is beef up the inner safety bead on the inside of the rim itself. A small (~1/8”) steel rod sitting on top of the inner bead would make it that much more difficult for the tire to get up and over to pop that bead.

If you are looking for a cheap solution, go with enlarging the inner bead on the wheel. While its not a beadlock, but its a simple solution to get you up to par with everyone else that has outter beadlocks on 15", 16", and 17" wheels.

If you want something more, you'd be better off going with some custom double beadlock wheels.

OTOH, you could get some measurements and see if some DIY inner beadlocks can work...

thanx rob, and everyone else. i would say price isent really an object, but obviously if it wasent, id br runnung rock monsters or other high $$ wheels. ive done some measuring, ill throw up some pictures when im done ruining a perfect set of wheels so you all can see what not to do! lol. actually, if my dimensions arent lying to me, ill throw some pics and specs up when theyre done. hope for the best!

my 39 Krawlers are 120 lbs on DIY beadlocks. i can't imagine what a set of double DIY locks will weigh!

Back