DIY Trailer coupler lock?

Croatan_Kid

How's your hammer hangin'?
Shitchea. Different companies have different rules, I suppose. I deal with Farm Bureau, but as long as my stuff is covered, I'm happy!

I'll definitely be adding my trailer when I get it.

NC_IslandRunner

Team Fugawi
The red one is a beast, solid, would be hell to get it off fast. I had one. Most places started selling the stamped POS for the same price.
359411af600762ddd75ba3ed296a311d.jpg
109fce80345cb456f190ac5102599969.jpg

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk

BigSouth

Doesn't play well with others!
I've got that red one. Agree! Beast!

josh m

Not a lock but one could have the last laugh with a shotgun duck taped up in a tree and some fishing line.
Might get the trailer but they'd probably need a change of pants when it was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepyjman

is the red one listed above better than

Attachments

• 41lfgc+iUNL.jpg
    41lfgc+iUNL.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 230

BigSouth

Doesn't play well with others!

XJfreakHO

Triad Trail Junkies
I've been looking for something. I currently just keep it boxed in with a beater cherokee... but maybe I need to invest in a big chain or something.

I do insurance for a living... and I didn't think of using inland marine. Doh. Ill be quoting myself tomorrow lol

Edit: Turns out the reason I never thought of Inland Marine was because it is only for Commercial, which I rarely write lol

Last edited:

91samurai

This is what we did at home to slow a thief down.
IMG_7247.JPG

It's not unbeatable but, even the safety chains are locked up.

paradisePWoffrd

Recovering Project Junkie

braxton357

Robot
it might have been said a couple times already but IMO, a huge kryptonite or similar brand hardened chain lock or super thick cable lock around the wheels is better than a tongue lock. Couple that with one of the $30 red tongue locks and you're getting somewhere.

jeepyjman

bumping this up. Needing a trailer lock or 2. Anyone got a good diy one they made? I am not against buying a proven industries lock but seems easy enough to drive away with the safety chains.

HANO

meh.
bumping this up. Needing a trailer lock or 2. Anyone got a good diy one they made? I am not against buying a proven industries lock but seems easy enough to drive away with the safety chains.
Depending on the coupler, Proven makes one that secures the hooks of the chains as well. I had it on the PJ trailer I just sold and it worked without an issue. For a coupler lock, and I’ve had dozens, it’s pretty good kit, especially when paired with their redesigned puck lock with the Medeco cylinders. You’re going to pay some coin though. I usually run their locks for the coupler and the wheel, a GPS as a tertiary and then finally insurance if their successful.