Dodge AC Repair Facility

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
OK fellas my 06 Diesel decided to smoke the compressor clutch badly this weekend. I cranked it up to hitch up to the RV and tow home. As soon as I did I turned on the AC to get a little air going. I walked to the rear of the camper and was doing some prep to leave when my wife came screaming the truck was on fire! I shut it down and figured out the AC clutch was the smoldering culprit...

I have researched enough to find out that Chrysler really made this system overly reliant on a onboard computer circuitry. This makes it a no go for me to carry out the full repair.

Who has a trusted shop for this repair? Need names and locations. I travel daily between Hickory and almost Winston so that hub of travel would be great. However I am not opposed to going a little out for outstanding service.

1. I want the gauge cluster replaced (no tach for 4 yrs)
2. I want the steering column repaired (almost always refuses to unlock the shifter lever)
3. And of course the AC diagnosed and fixed. (clutch smoked, possible compressor failure, going to require proper software and scan tool to reset the control group)

x 2 on @3DCrawler
Minton's Automotive in Granite Falls.
THE best mechanic i have ever seen.

Thanks guys, I honestly feel like an idiot for not calling him. My thread reading got me wound up about it needing heavy stealership attention. Never heard of such a complicated system of monitoring to turn a dann compressor on.

Back