Dodge Dana 60 W/ Ford outter conversion.

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
So I have read around and done the research and am going to start this build thread on converting my 1997 Dodge 2500 Cummins over to Ford BJ Dana 60 outters. Drawbacks : 1.) I need the parts 2.) slight change in front track width (wider by 3/4 -1 inch) Benefits : 1.) no more Unit Bearing assemblies 2.) dual Piston Calipers 3.) Lockouts 4.) lose the CAD on the front axle.
So this build will start off as all do: I NEED PARTS :)
LIST:
Ford Ball Joint knuckles Dana 60
FORD Spindles (any Ford dana 60 up till 1997)
HUBS any Dana 50 or Dana 60 (WARNING: older hubs used smaller wheel studs)
Brake assemblies (if you go with the 95-97 models they have bolt on brake caliper brackets)

Anyone with parts for sale will help to keep this build thread going!!!

@paradisePWoffrd That is where i got the idea from along with others i know who have done it with outstanding results. I have a "wanted" ad posted to no avail thus far. figured i would post here to maybe spread the word of my quest for parts. as it is looking right now I am driving to Tn. to pick up a complete BJ Axle.

Are you going to swap the passenger's side shaft out for a one piece?

@Croatan_Kid i am thinking about it but not much info on which exact shaft to use although eventually I would like to. I don't hardly use the 4wd so the big priority right now is just getting rid of the junk unit bearing assemblies. Of course this is all dependent on getting the parts lol. Closest axle I have found is in Tn.

Back