Dove Hunting

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
My 83 year old father really wants to go dove hunting this year. He was really into it back in the 80s and 90s and he kind of wants to relive some of the past.

Anyone know of any fields where we could go? Happy to pay to hunt. I live in Winston-Salem but willing to travel.

Thanks for any ideas or potential contacts!

Still striking out again this year. Surely someone knows someone with a field.

The farm I went to shot doves for 6 or 7 yrs. is gone. I found out a dumbass shot another hunter. The idiot was sitting in a chair w his gun on his knees w the safety OFF and his hand on the gun pointed at another hunter! The guy that got shot drove to the hospital and the leos found out etc. The farmer was leasing the land and he stopped leasing it.

Last edited:
The farm I went to shot doves for 6 or 7 yrs. is gone. I found out a dumbass shot another hunter. The idiot was sitting in a chair w his gun on his knees w the safety OFF and his hand on the gun pointed at another hunter! The guy that got shot drove to the hospital and the leos found out etc. The farmer was leasing the land and he stopped leasing it.
It is idiots like that who ruin it for others, just like the DAs at URE

Check out Hunting Creek Preserve in Harmony, NC. Looks like they do guided dove hunting. No personal experience with them yet, but I’m going to shoot a clay tournament there in a couple weeks and noticed on their website that they offer dove hunting.

That is what I am hearing from places around the state
I thought for sure after the summer drought we would see some fields get burnt up and combined early. We got just enough rain in July to salvage it and most around us are still sitting on it to get as much yield as they can. Unless it has changed this week, I haven't seen anyone cut for silage yet either.

My 83 year old father really wants to go dove hunting this year. He was really into it back in the 80s and 90s and he kind of wants to relive some of the past.

Anyone know of any fields where we could go? Happy to pay to hunt. I live in Winston-Salem but willing to travel.

Thanks for any ideas or potential contacts!
Taking your truck or mine? Gotta get my boy in the field. We'll go to the other end so you and your dad don't have to listen to all of "that". :D

The family fields I grew up hunting are gone. :( You don't wanna come this far anyway.

Back