Dual Sport riding...trip suggestions...bike thread...

Will Carter

Finally got rid of the ZX-6 and got into another dual sport...

Here she is on top of some mountain near Reno, Nevada last weekend. First ride actually...
View attachment afarm5.static.flickr.com_4090_5006460679_e7dda87ef3_z.jpg
Yeah it's a SM...no I don't want to buy new wheels.:flipoff2:...

So where are some good trips within a few hours...overnighters...weekenders...? The more dirt the better.

Post up your bike.

Hey Will nice bike I am looking at a 650 duel sport here in ogden utah I hope to have it in a week or two and would love to hit up Moab since i dont have my Jeep. come on out and lets hit a few trails.

Post up your bike.

I don't ride dirt but I do have a Dual sport, I'd be willing to go on some street rides, but mines too big for me to ripping on trails. I tried and as much fun as it was I rather just keep it mostly street.
61651_446362756016_512606016_5611154_5799644_n.jpg

Edit: whats the chances these wheels have same hub sizes, cause I want SM wheels. You want some XR650L wheels?

sweet will. i picked up another bike a couple weeks ago too...

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_dc008.jpg

Here she is on top of some mountain near Reno, Nevada last weekend. First ride actually...
So where are some good trips within a few hours...overnighters...weekenders...? The more dirt the better.
Post up your bike.
I ride just about every weekend at a place in Yadkinville, lots of woods riding, they have a track too but I don't trust myself anymore to ride on a track often (I always seem to leave by being carried off). Let me know if you want to go to Brushy mt. sometime, first trail is 22 miles long.
Cassidy said you might have had a little fall at UNF....you alright?

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v478_gmanstone_KX500.jpg

I bought the whole get up...pants, chest protector, boots, gloves, undies with a gel ass pad. I took a helluva high speed spill a few weeks ago and if it wasn't for all the protective stuff I would've been way F'uped, I hi-sided at about 35mph onto a plie of rocks that were 20 feet up the trail from where the bike stopped. I did provide my buddies wth a good laugh once they saw I got up on my own...

I bought the whole get up...pants, chest protector, boots, gloves, undies with a gel ass pad. I took a helluva high speed spill a few weeks ago and if it wasn't for all the protective stuff I would've been way F'uped, I hi-sided at about 35mph onto a plie of rocks that were 20 feet up the trail from where the bike stopped. I did provide my buddies wth a good laugh once they saw I got up on my own...

ok, so which is better? Highsidin a bike on rocks, or hucking a buggy into a pond?:popcorn:

i managed to pull a 35 mph lowside while trying to "drag a peg"
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_stack1.jpg

not the most clever thing i've done in recent memory.....
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_stack2.jpg

good gear makes all the difference!

let me know when you come this way will

We go riding all the time up near Morganton and Steele Creek area. We were up there 2 weeks ago and rode 200+ dual sport/jeep roads/trail. I am always up for going anytime
I have a 03 WR450 (tagged)

I'd go if its dry, but my 90/10 tires a little too slick if its wet. Still be a little sketchy dry. I have a DOT front knobby I guess I could put on for a few rides at least keep the front under me a little better.

Post up your bike.

hey what kind of tires are those i just bought a dual sport and im goin to supermoto it a little and i like those tires look like they would do good offroad. how do they do on and off road.

Rear is a Continental TKC80. Front is some Bridgestone. If you want mainly on road with minor off then I'd say the Bridgeston or something like it would be good. The TKC80's are rather knobby for on but I don't mind dealing with it. I wanted TKC80's front and rear but that's all I could find on short notice at the time.

Back