Dumb Criminal

I could't get anything to come up on the link

My bosses friend is a safety officer up there. he jsut got finished with sniper training last week. I dont think im gonna be committing any crimes in morganton.....i bet he's itching to use his new skills, lols.

Rutherford College - A Burke man is in custody after attempting to rob a Rutherford College bank Wednesday, according to authorities.

The man is also suspected of robbing the Telco Community Credit Union in Morganton last week, police said.

Sammy Zane Carroll, 25, of Connelly Springs, is being held under $115,000 at the Burke County Jail.

Burke County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call around 2:30 p.m. from First Citizens Bank on Malcolm Boulevard.

Witnesses saw a man with a knit cap pulled over his face approach the bank only to find the doors locked, Major Banks Hinceman said. The bank closes for lunch from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.

After an unsuccessful attempt to enter the bank, the subject fled on foot, officials said. K-9 units were dispatched to track the suspect.

Detectives located Carroll and transported him back to the bank where he was positively identified by bank personnel, according to authorities.

Morganton Public Safety and Valdese Police were also involved in the investigation.

Carroll has been charged with attempted robbery and resisting, obstructing and delaying an officer in the First Citizen's case.

Sheriff John McDevitt said charges will also be filed against Carroll for the Telco robbery. Carroll will have a first appearance in Burke County District Court Friday.

Back