Dump trailer

CLRracer

Mopar Nut
My dad is "looking" for a dump trailer. I use the quotes because he's a tightwad and "looks" for a lot of things, but he actually asked me about this one so he might be halfway serious :laughing:. Something probably around a 6x10ish that he can use to haul a little bit of rock or gravel or scrap to the scrap yard and not have to unload by hand.

Duane

X2 on used ones never popping up for sale. I'd go ahead and get a pair of 7k axles. The one @OnlyOneDR posted probably weighs 3000# empty. Once you have it, you'll use it for everything, and what good is it if you can't take it to the quarry?

As a cheapskate who tries their darndest to never buy new stuff, I will probably never buy a used trailer again. The value just isn’t there. By the time you put new tires on it, repack the bearings, replace the brake shoes, replace the deck (or in this case, replace the battery and hydraulic seals and gate pins and and and), and fix the wiring, you’re in it as much or more anyway, and then you find out it pulls crooked.

Prices on new have come down; I found one on Craigslist 6x12 for $6500 recently. I would like to get one about that size myself but not in the market at the moment. New 6' x 12' Bumper Pull Hydraulic Dump Trailer w/ 24' High Sides - trailers - by dealer - vehicle automotive sale -...

I rarely see used ones come up for sale.

That's the route I'm trying to talk him into, before they go back up again.

X2 on used ones never popping up for sale. I'd go ahead and get a pair of 7k axles. The one @OnlyOneDR posted probably weighs 3000# empty. Once you have it, you'll use it for everything, and what good is it if you can't take it to the quarry?

We have one for going to the quarry, but it's a large gooseneck so his truck can't tow it, and it's being used on a regular basis. He's pretty much looking for something he can put a fridge in today, then a stove next week, then this piece of scrap, then that one, then get mad because he needs the trailer for something else and it's been collecting scrap for a month :laughing:

As a cheapskate who tries their darndest to never buy new stuff, I will probably never buy a used trailer again. The value just isn’t there. By the time you put new tires on it, repack the bearings, replace the brake shoes, replace the deck (or in this case, replace the battery and hydraulic seals and gate pins and and and), and fix the wiring, you’re in it as much or more anyway, and then you find out it pulls crooked.

You're speaking my language, but he's a run it til it breaks person, and his luck lets him get away with it :shaking:

Duane

Back