Duramax Gas

storeman

Known by Few
Thought I would share what happed to a good friend. He accidentally filled up his Diesel a 2018
Denali with 36 gallons of Ethanol Free Gas . Cranked up and drove about 40 miles . He noticed it was running rough on the way home . Next day he got a new fuel filter , his heart sank when he smelled gas and thats when he relized what had happened. He was near the end of a 10 hour drive at 5:00am when he messed up . Anyway he had the system drained and flushed . Been two weeks now and no codes, no issues whatsoever. We were both suprised that it even ran let alone 40 miles.

Came into work last week & the Boss had a contractor friend's SuperDuty, on his trailer. I asked what happened, & the guy grabbed the wrong nozzle & filled it with gas. Didn't hear if he cranked it or not. Just figured he was goin to drain it. Stuff happens!

Had a neighbor do the same with his 2019 dirtymax right before Christmas

he only drove 1/4 mile but had filled up with 25 gallons of unleaded.

Hauled it home, drained the tank, changed the filters and it's running fine.

Shew....40 miles of running gas through a CP4? It might not die today, or tomorrow, but it's definitely damaged. They're very intolerant of low lubricity and when they go out, they take out the entire fuel system.

Back in the day I owned a 82 chevy luv diesel 4x4. We used to pull my race car on a single axle trailer loaded with supplys to the tracks (Mazda RX2). One weekend we went to Savanna Ga and on the way back around 2 in the morning on Hwy 321 in the middle of nowheresville the tank got very low on fuel. No stations open that time of night and all we had on hand was 5 gal of racing fuel and 2 quarts of Valvoline racing oil. So we dumped the oil in the gas --shook it up real good and poured it in. Needless to say the ol chevy was not happy but we finally made it to a all night station in Blacksburg SC and filled that sucker up. She cleared up in a few miles and ran fine. After i sold that truck the next owner went on to put over 300 thou on it and ran a landscape business pulling a trailer every day. I'd say that old truck earned it's keep many times over.

Just heard of a guy 2020 duramax, put bulk def in the fuel tank while it was running at the pump. (gen II trucks have the filler at the cap now :clap:)Engine knocked about three times, realized what he had done, before he could shut it off motor was toast! $20K mistake

Buddy of mine farms and slightly misjudged a mudhole driving his brand new 2500 a few years back and hydrolocked it. Drug it home, cleaned it up good and called the dealership... They never ask the right questions and wound up warrantying the engine :lol:

I’ve got a customer with a chain of gas stations and they have this shit happen all the time. They say it’s a weekly occurrence. Even the local EMS has done it a few times.

Buddy of mine farms and slightly misjudged a mudhole driving his brand new 2500 a few years back and hydrolocked it. Drug it home, cleaned it up good and called the dealership... They never ask the right questions and wound up warrantying the engine :lol:
I recently heard of the opposite happening. Someone went out on a brand new jeep and hydrolocked it. Had it towed straight to a dealer covered in mud. Warranty denied.

I’ve got a customer with a chain of gas stations and they have this shit happen all the time. They say it’s a weekly occurrence. Even the local EMS has done it a few times.
I like that you say "even" the local EMS. That makes it seem like you think that they are smarter than the general population. :lol: I would say most do not even meet the bar for average.

I like that you say "even" the local EMS. That makes it seem like you think that they are smarter than the general population. :lol: I would say most do not even meet the bar for average.
And to be fair, their main job is to be EMT's, not truck drivers. Kinda like the assistant teachers driving school buses.

I recently heard of the opposite happening. Someone went out on a brand new jeep and hydrolocked it. Had it towed straight to a dealer covered in mud. Warranty denied.
My buddy farms, he's been working the system for years. He n
And to be fair, their main job is to be EMT's, not truck drivers. Kinda like the assistant teachers driving school buses.
No, they're generally just steering wheel holders. Ive been on the fire dept for 15yrs and if anything happens to me other than a heart attack, I will drive myself or have someone drive me to the ER. They take a couple community college courses and think they're Dr's. I've seen people die while the emts are farting around trying to diagnose them when they might have made it if they were taken directly to the hospital.

No, they're generally just steering wheel holders. They take a couple community college courses and think they're Dr's.
Well damn....all this time I thought they were experts in political science and current affairs :dumbass:

But then again, the only ones I'm exposed too post are here :smokin:

Ooh, yep. He said 18, my bad! Not sure how those Denso pumps react to gas.

Back