Dyno around Raleigh area?

crawlinjp

Just finished some mods on the tow rig and was wondering if there is a dyno around the Raleigh area to try it out on? According to everyone else with the same mods, it should be between 475-550 hp. Kinda curious, you know?

Kevin

There is Carolina Automasters in Durham, Fast Lane Motorsports in Benson, Ryans Performance Machines in Raleigh. All with Dynos. Be sure to report the numbers back.

Twins?

i like CAM personally, that's where i've always done pulls/tuning at. i've heard good things about RPM, but never been there. you've also got true blue down around clayton.

RufusTheRam said:
i like CAM personally, that's where i've always done pulls/tuning at. i've heard good things about RPM, but never been there. you've also got true blue down around clayton.

CAM dont have a good reputation anymore. I have been hearing stories about him stealing parts from customers cars, improperly burning ecu's and blowing engines on the dyno, etc, its just what ive been reading on the race forums. He deffinitely lost his credibility in the racing community.

Oh, what kind of dynos do these places have? (Might be good to report back).. I think it was the Mustang dyno's that don't work well with a diesel? (Something about them spinning up too fast before full boost is reached?)

I'd like to spin mine with the few changes I've made, see exactly what timing can give on a 12v, before I upgrade the wheel and the injectors..

StudNuts said:
Heres a quicktime vid of me running a sc cobra. I took him off the line and on up till around the 330ft then he passed me.
http://www.flexedout.com/projects/F250/100_0973.MOV

No quicktime here at work, but that wouldn't happen to be the one with the plate that says "ALLVENOM", would it? he screamed (literally) by me on 440 the other day, and GAWD did it sound awesome.. I think it's straight-piped.

Carquest Machine Shop on Germantown Road near Fairgrounds off Hwy 54 has one. I hear them fire it up every now and then from here at work. They've had it for over a year now. Probably one of your unexperienced / cheaper routes for a one or two time pass. I don't think they do anything to tweak your system for better output. Just hook you up, rip it and give you a bill sort of thing.

Rich said:
No quicktime here at work, but that wouldn't happen to be the one with the plate that says "ALLVENOM", would it? he screamed (literally) by me on 440 the other day, and GAWD did it sound awesome.. I think it's straight-piped.

I think that might have been him. It was a dark grey like my truck and was loud. It was a black guy driving, he stopped me at the ticket booth and told me how I jumped him off the line he thought he was going to get smoked.

Back