e2000 fuel pump question

cgm147

I'm running a 15 gallon rci fuel cell in my toyota 22re along with the e2000 pump I've been running it for about a month or so went out the other day and the pump was locked up.... So a few taps on it and she started working again.. I've run two containers of sea foam threw it and it hasn't helped. Idk what to do I mean the pump is brand new but the only thing is I don't have a fuel filter. Will be installing one this weekend.. Any insight would be great is there another pump that would be more suitable rather than the one I'm running?

anyone on here running the airtex pump # e8248 ive read a little on pirate about it everyone is going to this.... it the same price but seems to have a little better life span

E2000 should run a 22RE no prob. E8248's run a 500 hp LS no problem.

Get a 40 or so micron pre filter. Stock block filter should be fine for the post filter.

Pump should go behind and lower than fuel cell. But with as little pre pump hose as possible.

Clean your fuel cell.

E2000 should run a 22RE no prob. E8248's run a 500 hp LS no problem.
Get a 40 or so micron pre filter. Stock block filter should be fine for the post filter.
Pump should go behind and lower than fuel cell. But with as little pre pump hose as possible.
Clean your fuel cell.

thanks for the input i have the cell mounted in my tool box and the pump is mounted to the frame rail i havent put a filter inline yet thats today's project

e2000 dont like to pull fuel. Is your pickup on a the bottom of the cell, or is the fuel pump having to lift the fuel out the top of the tank?

and like everyone said, get a fuel filter:driver:

My e8248 is full of fuel cell foam at the moment, so I just plumbed in an e2000 spare I had. Go to Walmart and buy the Fram G3 clear fuel filter for the pre-pump filter - it has a 100 micron filter. Costs less than $4.

As they say, the e2000 is intended to be an in-tank pump that feeds another pump. The e8248 is intended to be an externally mounted pump. Either way, they are both happiest when they are not having to expend a lot of effort sucking the fuel into the pump. If your fuel cell has a sump, make sure you mount the unit below the tank. If you are using the e2000 externally to pull the fuel through in-tank pickups, you may want to consider a different pump, or mounting it in the tank.

Good luck,
Stewart

18 months ago when I swapped the GM TBI onto the Moss' AMC 304, I spent a lot of time researching the E2000s over on Binder Planet. The folks there weren't very brand loyal (TBI only requires 15#i max = nothing for a pump designed to make 90#). The main items have already been covered:
  • Don't like drawing fuel
  • Filter BEFORE the pump is a MUST. Most use a steel bodied filter, but I opted for the see-thru G3 as an additional diagnostic point.

Based on their recommendations, I splurged... bought 2- $30 fleabay knockoff offs! The original is still doing fine (*drawing* fuel thru the stock pickup, mounted on the frame rail below the tank :flipoff2: ), and the spare's in a plastic case (from a 2" core drill) ready to go when needed...

Just for tech's sake...
Regardless if your pickup line exits from the top or from the bottom, the pump should still be mounted below the bottom of the tank, behind the tank ('cause we spend hours trying to go up things), and with as little pre fuel pump line as possible with a pre-pump filter (internal sock/screen or external inline).

Syphons are magic.

The pickup is on the top of the tank and I have around a two foot line before the filter. The filter is mounted about 3 to 4 inches behind the pump so far the pump sounds better with a filter in line. there was a def tone change back to the way it should sound ill try and get some pics of my set up today. The filter I'm running is a napa 3033 we have them at work for the 29hp kaw dfi turf tiger so I figured it would be fine on the 22re

The 3033 is the same pre-filter im using before the E2000 that feeds the tbi on my 78 F150. Works great

few pics
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_GEDC0093.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_GEDC0088.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_GEDC0089.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_GEDC0087.jpg

Back