ECGS does it again!

Buddy Holly

Professional Amateur
Long story short I bent my old 8.8 housing and sourced another one but decided to start from scratch with new gears, bearings, and a locker. I went and talked to the guys at East Coast Gear Supply and am very happy I did. I ended up saving a ton of money over ordering from other suppliers.

But thats only the beginning. I show up today with the new housing and the carrier to get the tubes welded and carrier bearings pressed off. I start talking with Lee and Rob about gear installs and what to look for when setting it up. Ten minutes later they have the inner pinion bearing installed with the correct shim and the carrier has the old ring gear off and new bearings pressed on.

The amount of knowledge these guys have is astonishing and I am honored to have had their help. I swear I learned more about ring and pinions in the 15 minutes I spent in the shop than I had in a month of researching on the interwebz. For example the Ford gears respond well to a little looser backlash than the spec in the manual. I showed up hoping to just have the housing welded and left with the hard work of the gear install done. I am now way ahead of schedule with getting the jeep back on the road and might even have it done by next week!

East Coast, you guys have a customer for life :driver:

Back