ECGS does it again.

skyhighZJ

Gov retirement < needs to live
So once again ECGS comes through with great prices, fast shipping, and outstanding customer service! Despite the fact I moved to Louisiana for the Army I still called back to ECGS to get the parts I needed to keep working on my 1ton XJ project now that I'm here. They did me right and the parts were on my doorstep just as fast as if I was still in NC. A big thanks to them and as always I will keep handing them my business (spelled paycheck lol).

Ouch Ft Polk

@iwaxmyjimmy i have always thought the same thing but a.) I need a "broadening" assignment. b.) I have been on the line doing my job for almost 14 years and that apparently doesn't get you promoted anymore. And c.) it is 3 years of non deployments and after 7 trips over seas I need a break! Oh, and the hunting and fishing is amazing down here :)

@iwaxmyjimmy i have always thought the same thing but a.) I need a "broadening" assignment. b.) I have been on the line doing my job for almost 14 years and that apparently doesn't get you promoted anymore. And c.) it is 3 years of non deployments and after 7 trips over seas I need a break! Oh, and the hunting and fishing is amazing down here :)

I went their once, you're Geronimo you get treated pretty good from what I saw. I liked the way they planned out the rotations better than NTC. I was stationed at NTC for 4 years my suggestion don't ever go there it's a career killer. Humidity sucked at Polk sucked but it wasn't all that bad. What's your MOS?

@iwaxmyjimmy I'm a 13F (forward observer). I'm going to be an OC/T for units that come here (rtu). Geronimo wouldn't be too bad but hey live in the filed the whole rotation. As an OC/T we are out for 2 days and back for 1. It's a 14 day rotation so it is not too bad of a gig. And other the other side of the country is NTC and I fully agree that it is a barren wasteland of souls, hopes, and careers! They gave me the option and I chose Polk!

Last edited:
@iwaxmyjimmy I'm a 13F (forward observer). I'm going to be an OC/T for units that come here (rtu). Geronimo wouldn't be too bad but hey live in the filed the whole rotation. As an OC/T we are out for 2 days and back for 1. It's a 14 day rotation so it is not too bad of a gig. And other the other side of the country is NTC and I fully agree that it is a barren wasteland of souls, hopes, and careers! They gave me the option and I chose Polk!

The only thing I liked about NTC was the wheeling out there was great. Something Cool I noticed about Polk is the highest ranking on the ground is the OC/T if there wasn't any around. Coming from NTC it was like wtf is this crap. I felt like there was a lot less red tape down at Polk and you didn't have an OC giving away your position because they are extremely awkward in those settings for us. To me the infantry guys got much better training at Polk. Former 11B so I wasn't about that tanker style life of NTC, lol. They started introducing 21 day rotations at NTC before I got out. But we did run across Geronimo swimming in a canal and grilling out so I mean it couldn't be all that bad, lol.

Back