ECGS... Experience count!

6BangBronk

Has it ever dawned on you to weather WHY you were replacing an old something in your daily job? I got a call from ECGS asking me why i wanted to swap a 4.09 gear into a dana 44 with a 4.09 gear. My simple directions was to "replace these gears". I think it was Andy (My phone reception sucks) but whoever it was, they knew as soon as they pulled the pinion gear that they were replacing the same gear. I don't know about you all but I have 3 jobs... And all 3 is a don't ask but do what is told sort of scenerio... Always? That was until I got a call this morning and done some realizing. How many people actually observe if you are pulling the same product to replace with same and take time to place a call and question the owner? 9 times out of 9.5, I do as told. Paid by the hour right? But evidently my mistake... ECGS will be getting the correct 3.54 Dana 44 come Monday to replace with a 4.09. And I won't be getting a bill for a gear replacement with a non-confirmed gear in the waste bin.:shaking:

Sorry for the time guys! I feel stupid to have un-dressed the wrong axle...

Experience counts!!!

No problem man, glad we could get you taken care of.

Make sure you bring a 3.92+ carrier with that other axle or we will be happy to sell you one.....;)

Back