ECORS #06 A class Jeep build

snappy

YHDG's adopted son!!!
Here is a small build thread on the Xj. It's an 88 model with 4.0 and auto. Looking for a 231 t case now. I gutted it, doors, hatch, rear seat, carpet...etc...
Getting a long arm kit with rear springs and a new rear end. YES it's getting a toyota rear end too!!!
jeep1.JPG
jeep2.JPG
jeep3.JPG

Yes ruff country... came from rides..
I got another dana 35 for the rear and a exo cage from another ecors racer for the harlan race

Yes ruff country... came from rides..
I got another dana 35 for the rear and a exo cage from another ecors racer for the harlan race

No going open open on 35" boggers and the dana 35 was a freebie for money reasons....

cool.Beenwaitingforosmebodytogoteh35/open/openroute, seems everybodyinA class chooses to lock instead. But, atleast from what I've heard about the Harlan race, it's not so necessary.

Open/Open sounds interesting, the turdy 5 should take the beating for a few races.

3.55s?

how far along is this build? Havent seen any pics, harlan is right around the corner.

4.10 gears.... front end is done... rear spring pacs a built.
Exo is built just needs to be bolts on...
Rear end is ready to be hung and spring pearches welded on...its a non c-clip rear btw.
Pics on Sunday night

YES it's getting a toyota rear end too!!

Just curious, wouldn't a toyota axle swap into a Jeep put you in B class?

If not, does that mean you can swap 8.8's into XJ's and still be in class A? What about a Dana 60 (for the extra width)?

Build looks good!

The 35" tires and the locker wuld be why i'd have to move to B class..
The rear in swap is done and the exo is mounted. Thanks only to the last minute help from Terry and Reid..... THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOO MUCH.

eors1.jpg

Just curious, wouldn't a toyota axle swap into a Jeep put you in B class?
If not, does that mean you can swap 8.8's into XJ's and still be in class A? What about a Dana 60 (for the extra width)?
Build looks good!

There is no axle requirement, neither gears nor OEM manufacturer.

I know at first that sounds wrong, but we do not feel like any axle swap will benefit speed...now it could bee argued it will help it stay together....but in short we have no limitations on axles.

what length front coils are you running?? what kind of leafs did you use? have you had time to try out the RC long arms yet???

do you still have your front lower CA brackets? id like to buy them if you do

Eric

6" coils in the front the rear is a custom made pack of an add a leaf and a rancho set with one stock leaf for good measure. They are stif but i think the will work great for what we are doing. The lower control are brackets mud pro is making for the axle side...
And the test will be tonight, when it goes on the trailer......

Back