ECORS MegaManche build

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
Had fun with my MJ last season. It performed as well as I hoped after I worked a few bugs out. Racing is fun (I will continue to race), but I really, really miss having a really legitimate trail rig. So here goes.
Build plans: Narrowed Chevy 60 front, Cab and Chassis 14 Bolt rear. Both with 5.38's and locked. 231/D300 doubler, 32 spline outputs front and rear,1350 shafts at both ends. DIY beadlocks keeping the air in a set of 39 BFG reds. The wheelbase is being reduced down to about 112". The rear is staying leaf sprung while the front recieves a 3 link w/ coils.
All of my parts are here and build time is estimated at 6 weeks.
I'll update as I go. For now, here's what's going in it.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_manche20027.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_manche20030.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_manche20031.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_manche20032.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_manche20028.jpg

Thanks to ECGS, Barnes 4wd, 4WP, BFG and U Joint Offroad.
2011 is gonna be fun!

Looking forward to seeing this.

Might as well add a turbo to the list while you're at it.

Too much compression...but she'll handle some gas though.

Braxton, gonna be hydro assist with the tie rod in the stock location. Just too much in the way to go high steer. I would love to go behind the knuckle, but too much is going on there.

The front output housing gets machined today for the 32 spline shaft and my crawlbox gets welded up today (Im not equipped to weld aluminum). The cases should be done and installed this weekend.

Are you still able to race B-class with this, or do these mods bump you up to C-class?

Staying B again. I can link the rear with no issues as long as I do not go with coilovers or air shocks. I still have lots of room for mods if needed.
This will be a trail rig that I race instead of vice-versa. Its gonna be heavy for racing, but it shoul dtake anything I throw at it.

Intrested in where this is going. I thought B class did not allow comp tires?

That *was*one of the "3 out of 4" limitations last year. This year, no mention, which means it cannot be mandated.
Bend 'em just before ya break 'em.

Oh yea. I forgot about that detail.

Spent today assembling the Dana 300 after getting the front output housing machined. It now sports 32 spline outputs at both ends. Got my 231 crawl box back from having the side plate welded on. The cases are done and ready fo rinstall.

Got around to tackling the one job I was dreading, removing the suspension mounts the previous owner had on the front axle. After 10 cut-off wheels and some plasma time, its clean. I went ahead and removed a bit from the center section, so I have more useable tube on the pass side. I got my sleeve from Chris at Mars Fab this week. I'll use this to do my "cut and turn" on the pass side.

This coming week the front should be in and coil buckets and 3 link stuff burned onto the axle. My kingpin rebuild kits should be here from ECGS first of the week too.

Here's some pics until next time...
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_moremegamacnhe003.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_moremegamacnhe001.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_moremegamacnhe002.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_moremegamacnhe005.jpg

Can't wait buddy.

By the way for everyone following along at home...thats what I mean by paying attention...a 20 page document and sometimes 3 or 4 words are deleted without special notice or mention... that can be the difference between an advatage and a build mis step.

Cant wait to see you guys again, if your co driver could get a better pilot...well.

If nothing else ya got the color right.

lookin good buddy! sorry i've not been around to help.

It was good meeting you at the DPG race. I was there with my Blonde GF and 2 year old. Look forward to the build

I remember the blonde, but the rest is a blur...:flipoff2:

Thanks man. I do remember talking to you guys for a while by my trailer. Thanks for the kind words.

Got both cases installed today. I ended up cutting a good sized chunk out of Lisa's floor for them to fit. All in the name of fitment. She's a trooper, luckily.

Front axle gets cut tomorrow and brackets welded on later this week. Gonna order my leaf spring stuff from Brad at Barnes4wd so i can sling that anchor under there before my stickies arrive.

Big day yesterday. Ordered front shafts from Chase, link and leaf stuff from Brad at Barnes4wd. Ordered my Dana 300 support ring from Mudpro.
Further examining shows my transfer case front output is not gonna agree with my stock crossmember location. Looks like Im gonna fab up a new one wrapped in cutting board.

Thanks Chase, Mud and Brad. I am now broke because of ya'll.
Dave at Oliver's, you're next.:huggy:

More progress. My doubler is assembled and installed. Fabbed a crossmember using a Mudpro Atlas support ring. Bobbed another 12" off the frame and burned on some new leaf spring hardware from Barnes4wd. My wheelbase is now right at 109" instead of last years 122".

Rear axle is in and ride height established. Not gonna be much taller than last season, but now with 39 Reds. I *should* have the front 60 narrowed and built this week and installed next weekend. My 39's should be here in two weeks so that is my "set it on its own weight" deadline.

Attachments

• phase3 009.JPG
    phase3 009.JPG
    383.4 KB · Views: 742
  • phase3 008.JPG
    phase3 008.JPG
    408.4 KB · Views: 783
  • phase3 011.JPG
    phase3 011.JPG
    358.3 KB · Views: 782
  • phase3 007.JPG
    phase3 007.JPG
    372.9 KB · Views: 759
  • phase3 006.JPG
    phase3 006.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 819
  • phase3 005.JPG
    phase3 005.JPG
    395.2 KB · Views: 729
Man I would love to have a set of those tires. Rig is looking good.

By the way I got the tires mounted on the H2 rims. Thanks for the tires.

Back