Editing quoted responses.

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
When I quote others and edit their quote, I can no longer exit their quote window to add in my $.02.

if I quote without editing, no issues. But if I edit the quote it doesn’t let me add any text unless I wanted to type my response in the quote box, which I don’t.

When I quote others and edit their quote, I can no longer exit their quote window to add in my $.02.

if I quote without editing, no issues. But if I edit the quote it doesn’t let me add any text unless I wanted to type my response in the quote box, which I don’t. Lets see if this worked
Worked for me 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know then. The forum has been pretty buggy since the update and this was one of the last lingering items that I just experienced.

Is this on desktop or mobile? On desktop, you should be able to use the down arrow until the cursor escapes, or go to the end and hit "Enter". On mobile, its just plain hard to navigate and pisses me off half the time.

I put a quote in a quote in a quote in a quote, then edited out another quote in a quote in a quote, then reassigned the text to another quote within a quote in that quote, and linked it to a different user, with a text name that doesn't even exist, and a member number assigned to Jody Treadway. But then the cursor got stuck in the last text box and I couldn't get it to go below the quote, so I'm having the same problem.

if I quote without editing, no issues. But if I edit the quote it doesn’t let me add any text unless I wanted to type my response in the quote box, which I don’t.
Worked for me 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know then. The forum has been pretty buggy since the update and this was one of the last lingering items that I just experienced.
Is this on desktop or mobile? On desktop, you should be able to use the down arrow until the cursor escapes, or go to the end and hit "Enter". On mobile, its just plain hard to navigate and pisses me off half the time.
Worked for me 🤷‍♂️

Yours example is pretty complicated but like you experienced, the cursor won’t exit out of the quote text box. I’m just experiencing the same thing in a simple single quote.

Yours example is pretty complicated but like you experienced, the cursor won’t exit out of the quote text box. I’m just experiencing the same thing in a simple single quote.
Here is a work around.
When you quote the response first type a word to establish cursor position below the quote. Then edit the quote then click back to your word and do what you will.

what’s happening is the cursor parks at the end of the quote box on the same line not a line below. It’s nigh near impossible to get to that position otherwise

Can we just go back to the old software? It worked better, and was easier to use, and everyone seemed to like it.

Then what do you do at work???

...also, I like to stroke Troy’s shaft

Worked for me. But oddly enough, I have experienced this before when deleting a quote I did not mean to quote, then I get stuck in a box I can never get out of. Even if I back out, I come back to that thread but it’s saved as a draft. So I just never leave that comment. But it worked here.

oddly enough, I have experienced doodoo butter before, right after I got stuck in a box I can never back up enough to get out of

Nope...works fine on my phone too

Back