Engine builder in Raleigh area?

Kermit

I'm looking to have a 99 vortec 350 built into a 383 to run under the stock injection. I spoke to Bill at Bills Speed Shop yesterday. Actually, he spoke to me for 20 min. Lol. Any other good builders in the area I should consider?

The last threads I could find are 3 years old.

Thanks in advance.

If you've got the time and can withstand hearing about every war from the Battle of Troy up to the Korean war, then Bill would be the best builder in your area. Other than him, I've heard good things about T-Hoff in Raleigh.
Bill rebuilt a 302 sbf for me 12 years ago and is still going very strong. He machined the heads and put in bigger valves at no additional cost "just because he had them laying around". He also did alot of oiling mods that others would have overlooked.

yep,Bill Houser did the machine work on my flathead.While HIS work was good,he bragged(very arrogantly) how good his son was at turning cranks.I got my crank home and in pulling the timing gear to get the end play correct,found he didn't clean the crank.Very sloppy for somebody who supposedly has taught all the machinist in wayne county how to turn cranks.Doubt if I would use Bill again.When I picked up my engine,I found out about the Jewish experience from 79AD to present day with a large discussion into why the Germans hated them during the early 20th century.

The best story I heard from Bill was from his racing days. He said a couple guys blew a motor at an early race and Bill was behind them heading to a different night race while the guys were hoping back and forth from the towing truck for tools, back to the trailer with the race car pulling the heads and such while going down the road. That vision stuck in my mind...

oh and watch out for his cats when you go in his shop...hair every damn where. I liked talking to the old fart but his bragging on his son really got on my nerves.

Back