engine/motor shop...

CoonhunterXJ

looking to get a 4.7 stroker for my 96 XJ. anyone of a place where to get one thats not $2500? and also a place to install it around Ft Bragg? i would do it myself but im injured from my last deployment and no longer have the tools to do it. Thanks Corey.

as far as cost about the only way you can hit the budget of 2500 for a decent 4.7 would to build it yourself and have decent sources from the dealer and summit racing etc. i blueprinted and priced my own 4.6 stroker and the parts cost was around 1300 then it was right at a grand to for the machine work.

x2. the machining alone is going to cost you like $500. plus youll need the crank/ or a used one ground/bearing matched. pistons, rings, cam, rods.
i had most of the parts for my stroker and still got 1800 in it. different block (88 i think) 95 head, bored .04 over, 4.2 crank and rods

Thanks everyone but I took my 4.0 out and sent it home to my grandpa already order all parts and he is doing bore port polish heads so I'm good just wanted to know if there was a shop around here that could do it the one I found I didn't like and the reviews were really bad. If anyone is close to New Mexico my grandpa does good cheap work he says there are three types of work but you can only pick two "cheap,good and fast" lol thanks again lol

Back