Engo winch experience

AX(J)15_tudor

Below is a recent experience I had with my Engo winch. I had posted that in a newbie thread i made originally asking for install advice. I figured it was more fitting in the vendor forum. The bad is I waited over a month to get a winch which was effectively dead on arrival. Luckily I never relied on it in the field. The good is Engo has promised to send me an all new winch before getting the doa one. They've also allowed me to keep parts save the motor and housing if I like so I'll have spare solenoids, wires, and cable. Plus they have promised 2 more 4" led lights to match the first 2 they provided free for the delay. All in all good company just wish their product (read Chinese Q/C) was as solid as their people.

Beware the Engo but not neccessarily their service. So I installed the winch finally this week in prep for spring. Went the plain Jane route because I just couldn't see room in the engine compartment for the box and didn't want to disassemble this soon. Frankly too after waiting a month to get it and more time for good weather and free time I just wanted it on. Good thing I did because after just a couple feet of in and out draws the mechanical out spool starts banging today and not working. I call engo and he has me disengage and spool out and it throws line at full motor speed and binds. Then I get that sorted out and by now it's grinding. They'll send me a whole new unit 1st and say I can keep any parts except the housing/motor and their tossing in some free lights but I dunno about their Q/C. Also the damned wired control has a bad neutral because it will keep spooling in unless you bump it back to out first.
Eff the Chinese and their alluring prices but chitty craftsmanship.

Talk to Joel at Engo today I should recieve the full replacement winch and 2 led lights this coming Monday. I'll post up the experience after that.

That's sucks man I've has great luck with mine.

It does but I can report I got the new one this Monday. Unfortunately I had to leave out of town this week but the free led lights showed up at same time. Those guys at engo have been very understanding and helpful, never made any excuses. I am hopeful the newest one provides many years of service once I get it swapped out I'll report back.

Got my winch and 2 of the 4 free lights installed. Got the winch loaded under tension and it worked really well. In the end with $180 lights, spare line, spare solenoid box I'd say the issues I experienced actually benefited me. The 18w floods I installed are super bright came with a nice wiring harness too. Engo customer service is excellent at the very least.

Yup lol I actually called about that today

Just had a very good experience with Engo winches and krawl off road. I bought my winch about 8 months ago and this weekend it didn't want to free spool so I called Jason at krawl and he put me in touch with Joel at Engo. Joel walked me though some trouble shooting looking for the issue and after some trouble shooting we discovered the welds on the motor side of the drum were cracked causing it to rub the motor housing and not free spool. Joel was great on the phone and is sending me a new drum immediately.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366843449.193247.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366843461.844672.jpg

It is nice to know Engo has great customer service but it seems like everyone has problems with the winches.

Update on when I created this thread. Joel with Engo is sending me a free brake assembly to repair that 1st winch he sent. Once repaired I'll basically have 2 for the price of one. He's also selling me an 85' synthetic winch line with abrasion guards and hook for 150. They may have some flaws but I've never found a better company for backing up their product.

This is very good to know. I have recently had Engo added to my product line and it's very good to know what to expect. Thanks for the info.

Adam,
Expect problems and delayed warranty claims from engo.

I had decent performance out of the Engo on my white truck. It and the synthetic line got a workout in Lions Den when my no drivin self ran the talent tank dry. It was always noisier than I expected and would occasionally like to jam up between lock and free spool, but it pulled just fine. Customer service was always on point when I called with questions about it before and after purchase.

Back