Equipment Hauling Issues

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
A lot of our workdays don't involve equipment. We pick up trash, put up trail diamonds, install carsonite signs, install hay bales, install guard rail with the hand augers, etc. But as we have gotten more involved in the workdays more and more projects require the aid of equipment.

Thanks to everyone in the community including the all the clubs and individuals we have been able to fund these equipment rentals. And between Chris and the Forest Service we have been able to get the equipment hauled to Uwharrie and back to the rental place. But we had/have a big issue since the last workday.

The Forest Service hauled the Bobcat out to Uwharrie, but then wasn't able to get it returned Monday. Now I think its obvious this isn't something we can be doing. The rental company is giving us deals on our rentals saving us money, and we are costing them money because we can't get the equipment back on time. That just isn't how things work.

Obvious first step is we can't have a repeat of the Bobcat being dropped off late. I don't know exactly what happened, but this cannot be a repeat deal. I am open to any suggestions/solutions to this problem. In a perfect world I could win the lottery and buy a flat bed to haul it myself. But that hasn't happened so lets see what we can come up with.

Back