F-350 springs on F-250

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
Anyone know if the F-350 SRW leaf springs will fit on a 2000 F-250???

Will it really do any good (are they stiffer)?

My rear leafs are not really up to the task of hauling what I usually haul, so I'm planning on just swaping the springs instead, if it'll work.

Rob

I have a F350 without factory overloads and instead of going to heavier springs I installed a set of Timbren Rubber Overloads. I am very happy with them and they are easy to install and do not effect the ride when unloaded like heavier springs do. They also don't require air and maintainance like air bags do. Here is a link to where I bought mine: http://truckspring.com/timbren_285.html

Here is my rig with a 2800 lbs camper in the bed and my rig hooked up. It sits almost level:

Vacation2005003.jpg

Anyone know if the F-350 SRW leaf springs will fit on a 2000 F-250???
Will it really do any good (are they stiffer)?

Yes they fit. Yes they are stiffer. Made the swap a few times. Only downfall is it rides like a f350 unloaded.

Firestone Airbags rule.

I paid about $200 for mine about a year ago. Airbags are also a good choice but I prefer a simple solution and you can't get more simple than a Timbren spring. If you buy airbags get Firestone. They are the best. Truckspring.com sells both.

The leaf springs on a SRW F350 is not much different than a F250 spring. A DRW F350 spring may not fit because it is designed totally different than a SRW setup.

just looking for cost effective solution right now. A new truck is in the works, but I just need something thats cheap so I don't throw a lot more $$$ into this truck.

Next truck is a F350

Rob

Asked a buddy of mine who is a SuperDuty engineer at Ford. The only diff between F250 and F350 rears is the spring rating and shock valving, same axle, same frame, same everything. They will bolt right in.

On my 96, I just took the overloads off and added velvet rides to help with the unloaded ride. I have the intention to put airbags back there one day. I was going to do the air-axe big rig full air ride conversion (eliminate leafs) but they sold to another company and they discontinued that product before I bought a set. Was really slick too. Used the front leaf mount with a solid arm that bolted just like leaf spring on the axle and was just longer and had a big rig airbag behind the axle. The did add a panhard bar for location.

On the front, I did a shackle reversal and used 2000 F350 superduty mounts and springs. They springs are about 10 inches longer than the stock 96 stuff. Really helped out the ride and actually lowered the front about 2 inches, which ended up matching the rear with the velvet rides in there.

Shannon

Asked a buddy of mine who is a SuperDuty engineer at Ford. The only diff between F250 and F350 rears is the spring rating and shock valving, same axle, same frame, same everything. They will bolt right in.
Shannon

He is correct. all the SRW SD's share the same sterling 10.25 rear axle, dana 50 front and different spring rates. They only switch axles on the DRW, dana 80 and dana 60. The only major difference is payload between the two, the 250 is the tow truck, the 350 is the hauler.

I was hoping the spring rate would be different (versus just adding overload springs on the 350...).

Now just gotta find some 350 springs...

Rob

Back