F250 7.3 What have I done.....

I've bought a couple new trucks off of autotrader. It's a good way to locate what you want. Look at Brandon Ford in Florida. They have several hundred super dutys in stock.

"Prices are up .40c gallon since the inauguration and predicted to shoot above + $1/gal before Q3" - customer of mine today in the C Store biz.

On topic:
IMHO, unless you NEED the 4.30 gear in the Tremor package, the 3.55 with the rear E locker does really well. There just isn't enough upside to me though to pay for the black wheels, stickers and front limited slip. Plus its not available in a longbed. You can get the 10k GVWR package without it and the rear locker makes the truck pretty solid offroad by itself. I messed up and test drove one a while back in both trims. Side by side, a 3.55 geared 7.3 will run right with the 6.7 diesel up to about 65 then the diesel pulls a little harder up top. Finding leftover 2020 7.3's isn't easy, but they're out there. FWIW, my father in law delivers trucks for Altec and so far every company that has bought a 7.3 has nothing but good things to say including him.

Plan to go test drive some 7.3 and 6.2 trucks tomorrow. Wife wants me to test out the 7.3 before I drive 2.5 hours to GA to test drive a Tremor I found.

No 'off-road shocks'?

The Tremor package is an upgrade to the FX4 package.

I say go for it. Buy whatever the eff you want. Treat yourself. Life is too damn short. That looks like a kick ass truck!

Kind of my point. If I'm going to take on a payment. Last time I bought a new vehicle was 2014 I'm going to get what I want. On a side note we are going to FL in a couple weeks and there seem to be quite a few down there.

Last time I bought a new vehicle was 2014 I'm going to get what I want.

Damn...last time I bought new was 2002

Decided there is no benefit to new after that

But then again, haven't had a car payment since 2015..and been completely debt free (no mortgage) for almost a year, so I'm jaded

But then again, haven't had a car payment since 2015..and been completely debt free (no mortgage) for almost a year, so I'm jaded
Never had a new car or truck but... I don't think im cut out for it. I don't know if i can be the first one to scratch it.

I don't get upset if it gets a scratch or ding. That being said when i sold my 06 dodge the buyer said it was the cleanest one he had seen.

Although in a few years i maybe in the market for a 7.3 ford or 6.4 ram 3/4ton.

Last edited:

Didn’t your company give you a car to commute with? :D

Never had a new car or truck but... I don't think im cut out for it. I don't know if i can be the first one to scratch it.

I don't get upset if it gets a scratch or ding. That being said when i sold my 06 dodge the buyer said it was the cleanest one he had seen.

They will still be $35k-$45K used...

Didn’t your company give you a car to commute with? :D
See, what had happened was....

You just stay isolated and handle your Commute from the bed to the couch while working on your grandma's grocery getter and let the ADULTS talk here :flipoff2:

So I saw a Power Wagon on the lot in Hartsville yesterday. I looked up some things on them and was surprised to find the tow rating was 9750 with the Power Wagon package where as the Tremor package has the same 15000 tow rating.

So I saw a Power Wagon on the lot in Hartsville yesterday. I looked up some things on them and was surprised to find the tow rating was 9750 with the Power Wagon package where as the Tremor package has the same 15000 tow rating.
Yea id have to check the cummins box before i would the powerwagon box. Considering the cost of each option.

I haven't driven either one yet, id like to test drive them.

If you want a new truck , get a new truck. The I am debt free and drive junk crowd allway put there two cents in. Make yourself happy, screw the haters.
.happiness is judged by only you.

Everyone's priorities and situation are different, but ones thing is for sure, we are all gonna die, enjoy the ride

I will say the days of "getting a good deal on a slightly used car/truck" are gone. It's crazy what prices are on used trucks now a days. If prices continue to hold it would probably work out to buy a new truck and drive it to 100k or so. Sell it high and get another new one.

I will say the days of "getting a good deal on a slightly used car/truck" are gone. It's crazy what prices are on used trucks now a days. If prices continue to hold it would probably work out to buy a new truck and drive it to 100k or so. Sell it high and get another new one.

If you compare the price of them new, some of the slightly used ones are likely a good deal; just not the deal many of us are willing to accept.

As long as new cars keep getting more expensive, used cars will follow. And, IMO, since Cash for Clunkers, the auto makers know that they can lobby the govt to get rid of "cheap" cars to keep the market in their favor. With all this 2025/2035 talks about going electric, it is only a matter of time before they have another one, to get rid of those "gas hogs". By that time, itll be anything that gets worse than 40mpg.

If you compare the price of them new, some of the slightly used ones are likely a good deal; just not the deal many of us are willing to accept.

As long as new cars keep getting more expensive, used cars will follow. And, IMO, since Cash for Clunkers, the auto makers know that they can lobby the govt to get rid of "cheap" cars to keep the market in their favor. With all this 2025/2035 talks about going electric, it is only a matter of time before they have another one, to get rid of those "gas hogs". By that time, itll be anything that gets worse than 40mpg.
Don't forget about the what 7 year financing options on new cars now a days. There is no incentive to keep new vehicle costs down just keep extending financing options.

Going wheeling is more about not being able to get away from the work computer. I run a couple trucks and broker freight and it varies from week to week. Usually when I realize I can get away it's Thursday....
Which is a perfect day to leave and go wheeling if you have the right friends.

The days of getting them easily are gone, you have to look but they're out there. Can basically find a vehicle for most any kind of use for 10k or less if you look.

The days of getting them easily are gone, you have to look but they're out there. Can basically find a vehicle for most any kind of use for 10k or less if you look.
True but i was thinking about when you could find a 2/3 year old (35k dollar truck new) with less than 100k miles for 20k. Now a days it would be 33k lol

The I am debt free and drive junk crowd allway put there two cents in
That's because once you feel the freedom of being debt free, you NEVER want to go back.

When you're debt free you can stockpile funds and then when you see something you want, you go BUY it. Free and clear from anyone's strings.
And once you experience that, you want EVERYONE to know how incredible it is

I said what I said for consideration. I’m not above anyone or hating on anyone for having a payment. It’s true, you only live THIS life once. Buy a new truck if you want. Nothing wrong with that. I only encourage people to avoid payments from the perspective of knowing how nice it is to not have any. Once you know what thats like you can’t help but encourage others to strive for that.

Keep in mind some people saying get it have also NEVER been without a payment and are always upside down from trading in repeatedly.

Last edited:
True but i was thinking about when you could find a 2/3 year old (35k dollar truck new) with less than 100k miles for 20k. Now a days it would be 33k lol

Yeah those days are gone, only way I'll ever be in a new truck is for business reasons. Crazy to get a bank note more than most people make in a year just to have a nice new vehicle.

My '17 PW is slightly north of 10k tow rating. Plenty for hauling a TJ. Towed my Waggy with it once and power-wise didnt know anything was attached. MPG wise? Well, that is different.

The suspension on the PW is much, much more offroad focused than that of the Tremor. Tremor is basically a glorified FX4 with slightly softer and longer suspension, 35s, rear locker, front LSD, and a winch OPTIONAL. The Power Wagon is a 2500 Rubicon. Winch standard, disconnecting front swaybar, selectable lockers front and rear, and so on.

The Tremor is a super duty that is pretty capable offroad.
The PW is an off road truck that is ok at truck stuff (so long as you dont need huge payload or towing numbers).

For what it is worth, I can trade in my Power Wagon today for literally the same price I paid for it (I got a great deal) in February of 2018. Holding value extremely well.

Went and drove a 7.3 FX4 in Columbia today. I really liked the truck. Did some negotiations with a dealer over the phone in GA on a Tremor packaged truck. They could not get to where I want to be in cost so tomorrow the wife and I will go see the dealer in Columbia who of the 2 other dealers local to me has been the most helpful. It amazes me that two dealers basically tell me they could not look up when things where being built but yet this guy did. I guess they are more interested in moving what is on the lot than building a customer base....

In today's internet world, why would they care about building a base? They know we're all shopping online and will likely drive to whoever has what we want. Gone are the days of ordering a car from the local dealer and thinking you got a good deal.
Plus with how easy it is to get a dealer to ship a car, if you can find one for a grand or more cheaper than local its worth it.

Back