F250 clutch slave cylinder

HAPPY

Mike B.
OK, so I'm traveling for work. I'm fixing to leave the customers parking lot when..... you guessed it, the clutch peddal went tothe floor and nothing happened.

When I push the clutch in, I feel some resistance but not much. Then it just stays on the floor. I can hear fluid moving but it won't disengage the clutch. Kinda sounds liek the o-ring insided might have failed and the fluid is going around and back up to the master cylinder. When the peddal was depressed, I popped the cap on the master and fluid puked out.

From what I can tell, the cylinder is on the outside of the bellhousing. Looks to be a fairly simple fix.

Does anybody out there know of anything I should be aware of before starting this in thier parking lot?

I replaced the slave cylinder on a 96 PSD a few years back and it went fairly easy. Is this one the same?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

just keep a rag to soak up brake fluid as the bleeder screw is on top. and bring someone o help bleed it, it takes a bit before it can even overcome the spring that holds it on the floor. Put the slave in before you hook up the line or you will have to fight the push rod into place.

I replaced it today. Took maybe 20 minutes by myself. I ordered the complete assembly from the Ford dealership. It came assembled and full of fluid. Was a lot easier than replacing just the slave cylinder.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

$215..... but when you're fixing it on a parking lot 10 hours from home..... I think it was worth the extra money. If anything, just for the fast easy install. Took like 10 minutes total.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back