Fifth wheel

A little over $500 by the time you buy the trailer plug and harness for inside the bed.

B&Ws are great, but their powder coat is shit. Just FYI...

I'm just installed a Draw Tite GN hitch in my 2015 2500. The ball has a quick release so you can store it wherever you wish.
The hitch and wiring was like $375 from etrailer.com
Took me an honest 1.5-2 hours to install myself.
Just returned from a 625 mile round trip using it with zero complaints.

B&Ws are great, but their powder coat is shit. Just FYI...
I've had 4 of them and never a problem with their powder coat. Or anything else they made for that matter. Part of my job for 2 years was installing gooseneck and fifth wheel hitches I've seen all brands and the fit and finish, warranty, and customer service from B&W was by far the best.

I've had 4 of them and never a problem with their powder coat. Or anything else they made for that matter. Part of my job for 2 years was installing gooseneck and fifth wheel hitches I've seen all brands and the fit and finish, warranty, and customer service from B&W was by far the best.

I've never seen a B&W that was more than a year or two old that still had the powder coat on it.
1497215846759-866619594.jpg

Best practice should probably just burn the powder coat off a new one and rattle can it.

I've never seen a B&W that was more than a year or two old that still had the powder coat on it.
View attachment 248906

Best practice should probably just burn the powder coat off a new one and rattle can it.
I had my first one for 9 years and it never did that. Maybe you should wash your truck a little more often and keep the mud and salt off it lol.

The B&W hitch on my old truck had the same issue of paint flaking off (in massive sheets). It's like it was only adhered at the corners, and once it started, it all came off.

Ive used both draw tire and b&w over the years aside from the potential powder coat issue either one will do fine.

I'm going to go with lack of proper e-coat/passivation/conversion coating/other type of pretreatment, and a powdercoat chemistry that isn't well suited to coating sharp edges. Both of those problems are easily solved, for very little additional cost. Plus, it's not really additional cost if it was completely missing a required thing in the first place....

I don't know anything about hitches, but I have a hard time accepting the overall quality of a product where proper coating isn't even a concern.

Last edited:
Back