finally! she rolls again

Metto

finally got my junk out of the driveway last night. its been down seice i burned up 1st at URE a while back. works okay, but i seems like its slipping a lot and i dont have reverse. i think the reverse problem is check ball related, the shift kit told me to leave out most of the check balls and i think i left out the wrong one/too many. and it is LOUD. i was deaf after cruizing around for a few mins in my neighborhood. right now its open headers and the doors and tranny tunnel are still off. once i get the new shorty headers mounted and get some exhaust it will quiet down. it was fun driving by the rich prick grocery store to get tranny fluid and making everyone stare at my greasy ass. still need to figure out a front DS and finish my shifters. i scrapped the original design i made, didnt work very well. im going to copy some other design i saw somewhere that uses collars around the shift rails and a single top pivot point. for the front shaft i think im going to use 2 1350 tom woods offset u joints and have a square front shaft. i cant afford a CV yolk right now, so i will run this for a while. probably use TSC square shaft stuff. pics coming soon. oh yea i still have to do the Pane conversion and wrap up the crossover. hope to make the DP ride on the 16th

Why run it on open headers?

Go back and check both the ball placement and valves for sticking in the valvebody. Also make sure the governer is not stuck.sticking. Manual valve adjustment plays a role as well. :beer:

yea shane, hopefully you can just tow me there back to save gas, not cause its busted. open headers only b/c i have to put the new headers on do do my exhaust (long tubes vs short tubes). i think the reverse problem is because the crappy B&M shift kit told me to leave out most of the check balls and i either left out the wrong ones or the directions were wrong. im tearing it back down saturday to put all of them back in and reseal everything (im getting a small leak at the cooler lines and around the detent cable and also the dipstick tube). will also be doing the exhaust on sat and getting the D/S to the shop. shane are we still on for the august tellico trip? oh and that wedge trailer i saw a few weeks ago was sold when i went back to look at it last weekend. sorry

Back