Firearms in Uwharrie

dr_freeze

Resident of Planet Earth
Can anyone post info for carrying firearms in your truck or on your person in Uwharrie? I thought I saw a post regarding this not too long ago, but I can seem to find it on this Tapatalk POS. Do NC laws apply for open carry, concealed carry, rifles in your truck? Or is it more restrictive because its a National Forest?

Regards,
Mark.

I spoke with one of the forest rangers last week the .22 law is gone. I can now legally carry my .45. The castle doctrine changed everything.

You can open carry or carry concealed if you have a permit. If you don't have a hunting license I wouldn't carry a rifle.

Ive got a question regarding the legality of bringing firearms to URE. Im planning on going to URE on Friday but wanted to stop by Efirds Gun Range on the way up there in Albermarle. So my question is, after going to the range how should I be transporting my firearms in my Jeep? I do not have a CCL and am only 20. I normally open carry on the gun rack in my toyota. But the Jeep is a bit different and I was planning on putting them on the backseat. I basically just want to know if this is perfectly legal or not. I only have long guns mind you. 12 gauge and a .22 savage.

Long guns are perfectly legal to carry no need for permit you can store it wherever you please just make sure your not driving down the road w a loaded rifle that's illegal

I didn't know that the .22 law was gone...that's great!

The best thing to do is keep the rifle/shotgun as far away from the ammo as possible while driving. If you get pulled tell the officer "hey I have guns in the car they are in the back and the ammo is in the glove box. I have people tell me all the time they have a ccw or its sitting on the seat or dash. I always tell them as long as it stays there we all have a good day. ( but i still keep a eye on them)

Back