First Gen Montero Fun

Hixon

I picked up a first gen SWB Montero from a buddy of mine that had a rebuilt 2.6 with a Weber carb on it. I decided if I had it, why not have some fun with it...so I cranked the torsion bars 1" over stock, put 17" soft 8s on it with 33x12.50 Procomp Mud Terrains and I am about to put Toyota Pickup shackles on the rear to lift it 1.5 inches. Although it is not a popular vehicle here on the forum, I still figured I would share it...Hope you all enjoy...I will post more updates as I continue to add to it. Thank you for looking.
photo(6).JPG

These guys can do alot. Here is mine. Oh yeah the back tires are on the ground.

ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc301_larrymphelps_IMG_0390.jpg

K45 I love your truck but Eli or someone was lying that night I was behind you for that shot and those tires were not on the ground!

hahaha maybe thats why they only showed me that part of the picture. I wish they would have taken a full picture of it.

LOL yeah probably cause I thought you were going over you had that rear tire so far off the ground lol.

Never even seen one! Looks pretty cool

Thanks for the comments guys! This thing is a tank for sure! I will continue to post pictures as I get more stuff done!
K45, that rig is awesome!

No worries. Let me know if you need parts or you want to upgrade your front axle stuff to the bigger V6 stuff. I have that. I now have a 2dr one also.

Back