FJ-40 Replacement seats

GREEKMEAT

I have a 76 FJ-40 ,and doing a resto on it, wondering if any body has any suggestions about replacing my stock seats with anything else,OEM or aftermarket or otherwise,?I don't want them too tall,they look goofy.

Go through the junkyard and look for something that will mount up relatively easily. Any aftermarket seat will require an adapter to be purchased/fabbed, so look for something simple. I installed Fiero seats in my Sammi, I've seen many other kinds used, though. I always thought seats from a Volvo 240 or 740 would look good. They should be simple to mount, the headrests are removable to give them the lowback look, and you can hook up power and have heated/power seats in your ride! They're wide, though, so I couldn't use them in anything of mine. You, however...

I got a pair of Runner seat I'll sell ya for $20, not pretty, cloth is torn, cover them with Wet Okole covers and you got a nice seat that doesn't look out of place.

Kevin

'85 runner, not sport seats, just basic mid back buckets with adjustable head rests (up-down). As stated, they ain't pretty, but you'll hard pressed to find cheaper for a pair.

Back