Ford diesel shops around Roxboro/Danville?

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
P0336 (crank sensor) code yesterday and running rough. Ford dealer says they can't do a running diagnostic on it with the mini max program and def delete...

Anyone know of a decent diesel mechanic in the area that can do running diagnostics with the aftermarket program and deletes?

Ford can throw parts at it (new crank sensor) but no guarantee that's the issue since supposedly several things could cause bad CEL codes.

Truck runs rough and hard starts now. I did change both fuel filters, no change. Rough running condition seems to progressively get worse as it's driven.

Need someone with some sense that can look at it beyond the ford dealer since all they seem to know how to do is plug up a computer and do what it says.

Scott Morriss of Morriss Motorsports in Reidsville is spoken very highly of in the county. He is thirty minutes south of Danville.

BoostFab Fabrication LLC

BoostFab is in Bahama. The name doesn't sound like it but David Farlow who owns it works on Fords, and worked for Rudy's for years.

if you can get it to Durham I got another guy also.

Talked with David last night. As if Jan 1 his shop is part time and he now works at the Oxford Ford dealer.

I'm getting the truck there today as he isn't concerned with working on it with the programmer, unlike the dealer in Danville.

Talked with David last night. As if Jan 1 his shop is part time and he now works at the Oxford Ford dealer.

I'm getting the truck there today as he isn't concerned with working on it with the programmer, unlike the dealer in Danville.

Damn, I hadn't heard that. He is a good guy though, he will get you straight.

Damn, I hadn't heard that. He is a good guy though, he will get you straight.

He seems good. I'm taking the truck to the dealer he is at today so he can work on it through them since his shop is part time and he wouldn't be able to get to it until next week. He seemed very comfortable working on it and troubleshooting the issue even with the mini maxx on it, which is uncommon for a dealership. So that's nice.

6.4 truck?

6.7 Ford.

It's at the Oxford Ford dealer. David from BoostFab now works there and he seems knowledgeable of the tuned and deleted 6.7 Fords, much more so than the Danville dealer. The Danville dealer didn't want to work on it if they couldn't plug in their computer and it tell them what was wrong; they would have actually had to do some thinking and troubleshooting. They didn't want to do I took it to David at Boyd Ford in Oxford.

He tracked it down to some faulty wiring to the crank sensor. That is a common issue for these trucks so hopefully that takes care of it.

6.7 Ford.

It's at the Oxford Ford dealer. David from BoostFab now works there and he seems knowledgeable of the tuned and deleted 6.7 Fords, much more so than the Danville dealer. The Danville dealer didn't want to work on it if they couldn't plug in their computer and it tell them what was wrong; they would have actually had to do some thinking and troubleshooting. They didn't want to do I took it to David at Boyd Ford in Oxford.

He tracked it down to some faulty wiring to the crank sensor. That is a common issue for these trucks so hopefully that takes care of it.
i looked up the diag on it and i was thinking it looked like it would have to be a sensor or a wire issue or worst case PCM fried however the first test it said to do was check RPM when cranking with a scantool. If they couldnt hook up to it they couldnt do shit anyway to it

They could hook up to it but with the tuner and deletes, their scanner just throws up all kinds of codes and it wants them to reflash and install updates. If they do that, it wouldn't even start with the deleted def/dpf, etc.

My simple handheld scanner showed the P0336 code and from a little research said it would likely be a wiring issue. Both dealers I talked to said they have never replaced one and one had no history of ever selling one. But both said sometimes the wiring can wreck havoc and throw codes.

I do have an oil leak that comes around when it's time to change the oil and it has soaked that wire pigtail and the sensor, so that was likely the culprit. So, we are replacing the wire pigtail and sensor for good measure and go from there. No other codes exist and it ran great until this. So, it appears that a chronic slight oil leak is causing the issue. Once I get it back I'll assess the location of the oil leak and get that taken care of. Seems that there is some sort of oil reservoir of some sort near the engine fuel filter and it looks like that may be leaking. I have see where this "thing" has leaked on other trucks and is easily fixed. Until then, I'll keep an eye on the oil drips. It had t been enough to drop much on the driveway so it hasn't been significant.

Back