Forklift batteries

captain

As much as I admire the trimming of the forum to clean things up, one thing it's done is (incidentally) knocking out historical items to be kept.
There was a guy on here who occasionally got out-of-service forklift batteries for the needy. We had just started keeping a list of those wanting said batteries... but the cleanup killed that thread.
Anyone know who that was?

Getting ready for a trip with the camper and the thoughts of such a battery drummed up some sweet thoughts... and this thread.

Anyway, appreciate the forum maintenance all the same. And the Freebies folks put up here!

Last edited:
@Lurch830 and they were CAT generator batteries
lurch.jpg

You rang? <always wanted to say that!

I don't have any at the moment & I'm not sure if/when I'll get them again....maybe spring of '25?

View attachment 423367

I don't have any at the moment & I'm not sure if/when I'll get them again....maybe spring of '25?
I’ve met you a few times and the looks? Nah. The fact my average male sized hand disappears in yours at a hand shake…. Yep, the name lurch fits just fine. Hahahaha

View attachment 423367

I used to get them too but the economy I guess has changed that. Cat generator batteries used to get changed out every two years and I got two each time. Last change out was '17 at least, when they left the batteries beside the generator.

I used to get them too but the economy I guess has changed that. Cat generator batteries used to get changed out every two years and I got two each time. Last change out was '17 at least, when they left the batteries beside the generator.
We change our non-warrantied batteries (group 4D size) out every 5 years, since we only run the gens ~50 hrs/yr our CAT rep recommended doing the tri-annual service every 5 years. We stagger the services for the budget so 5-6 gens each year w/ 4 batteries each. The warrantied gens (group 8D size) get changed every year w/ 4 batteries each but they get run ~180hrs/yr. The 4D are ~100# & the 8D are ~130#, so the gen techs don't mind when I ask to leave them in the package. I picked up 16 in Gastonia once & had my F250 doing the carolina squat!

Back