Frame rot repair near Raleigh

ajbirkennewaccount

I need some frame rot repaired on an 89 YJ.
It's not in the spot where the available kits replace. Its on top of the frame where the rear shock mounts (circled in this pic, but this is NOT my jeep)
ai231.photobucket.com_albums_ee95_ajbirken_BadShockMount.jpg

There is a hole in this spot.
I had the jeep at ECGS for some other work and they did not want to mess with it.
I would like to have it repaired correctly
any suggestions?
thanks
adam

i am from the rust belt up newengland.

the biggest problem with most frame rust outs on the boxed frames like jeeps / toyotas / nissan is the rust is from the inside out.

when you open up that hole to get solid area to weld to most of the time you end up with a hole 4-5 x the orignal size.

biggest reason i have figured out over the years is lack of drainage holes in the bottom of the frame rails .

hope you dont have that bad of a problem. good luck on the fix.

i'm from nj (20 years ago) and that was one of the reasons i left, i was tired of working on crap that was nothing but rust.

thats one of the reasons i am jumping ship from ny . :popcorn:

If has anything to do with a Welder and it's in the state of NC I would of course have to recommend East Coast Gear Supply.If you are in Raleigh then it's even better,they are very close to you.

If has anything to do with a Welder and it's in the state of NC I would of course have to recommend East Coast Gear Supply.If you are in Raleigh then it's even better,they are very close to you.
humm check the last bit of the first post ecgs didnt want to do it and he is looking for another option wish i could help but not sure where to send you. like stated before inside out and a good section probley needs to be removed and just plated back up.

Adam,
Setup a time with me to bring it by ECGS again. I will take a look at it and may be able to help you out.

I was not here the last time you brought it by. Not sure whether Chase or John took a look at it but I may be able to take care of it for you.

Andy

I know that is six months later!!!! (first free days in a while)

Andy did a GREAT job fixing the spots in my frame!!

Great to work with Chase and Andy as always.

adam

I know that is six months later!!!! (first free days in a while)
Andy did a GREAT job fixing the spots in my frame!!
Great to work with Chase and Andy as always.
adam

Glad we could help you out Adam. We are looking forward to working on your next up and coming project....:)

Back