Front ARB pumping out compressor?

Gmachine

I've had my ARB's in for about three months now and haven't had a problem. Now the front is pumping oil compressor. Any ideas? The fluid level seems good.

Thanks in advance!
Gmachine

I've heard that they can do this when new, or when your diff vent is plugged... I'd check the vent first..

Gmachine said:
I've had my ARB's in for about three months now and haven't had a problem. Now the front is pumping oil compressor. Any ideas? The fluid level seems good.

Thanks in advance!
Gmachine

Do you mean the compressor is pushing oil or the front diff is leaking gear oil? And the fluid level is good in which, the diff or the compressor?

If the diff is leaking, I would go along with Rich - at least check the vent first. Then the basics.

If the compressor is pushing oil, make sure you check it.

The diff is full, but when you release the pressure the relay lets out a spray of oil where the air ussually exits. It's still mostly air, but after accuating the front several times the oil starts to run down the outside of my fender. I have the compressor located on the drivers side empty plate, by the brake booster.

Without seeing it I'd guess your diff vent is plugged. The other possiblity would be that your oil is foaming which means it has water in it.

Thanks, I don't think I have too much to worry about after reading that. My locker seems to work well and the compressor takes forever to come back on, so I'm sure the system is sealed well.

Back