Funny story I've got to tell

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
I figure some of you guys might get a laugh out of this.

Back in the day when I was in high school, my buddy and I were riding our dirt bikes up north of Greensboro off of Yanceyville Rd, which was a popular spot. We stopped to take a break, and not too much later, we start to hear a motorcycle or two off in the distance. As time goes by, they continue to get closer, and it becomes apparent that one of them is EXTREMELY loud. Well, they finally come into view, and it is two guys racing each other. The one bike that was so loud, was an old late 70's or very early 80's Yamaha YZ, with a big hole in the exhaust pipe right near the motor. The guy was wearing swimming goggles, with no helmet, LOL! He had the throttle pinned, and his buddy was hot on his tail, lol. He had no back fender, and there was a big mud stripe up the back of his yellow and black checkered flannel shirt. I'm still getting a good laugh out of that day 20 yrs later, lol.

Nope. I was riding with a friend named Jeff who lived about a half a mile from my folks house and went to high school wiht, and the dude on the bike wearing the swimming goggles was not Stump. Although I did meet Stump for the first time on those same trails not far from that spot about 5-6 years later I guess it was, lol.

I can only imagine what wearing swimming goggles would be like LOL! if it was just goggles they are a bi#$@ to see out of, and if it was a dive mask you'd be breathing through your mouth the whole time..... I hope it wasn't dusty.

Back