Garage Paint

Akuma

I was thinking of painting my garage floor. I've seen alot of specialty paints and stuff out there and was wondering if anyone had used a specific product/company that they would reccommend.

Thanks

sherwin williams oil based enamel floor paint it's the best i've ever used,and if you want i'll let you put it on my cash account so you can get it at a good discount price. pm me I have a state wide account. Oh yeah, it covers any floor [concrete that is ] in one coat.

The best I have ever seen is an epoxy paint. It only comes up if you chip it up! Drop an axle, and you might chip it up(along with some of the concrete) Expensive but very durable. If you check out the newer dealerships, thats how they keep the place so clean.
Sweep it, mop it and it looks like new.
But, not sure where you can get it. Oh, and I do think you have to have a pretty new/clean floor to apply it to

I sealed mine, can spill a quart of oil and wipe it up, no stains at all. Don't get cheap ass sealer get the good stuff, you wont have to redo it every year.Epoxy is the shit..... Little pricy, buy looks good, probably lasts longer than sealer. A dude up the street laid down this checkered tile, said he did the whole garage ( 20 x 25?? ) for under $200. SHARP, looks like victory lane. To make the stuff stick spend some time cleaning your concrete.

Stay away from any waterbased apoxy paints. I got sweet talked into doing my garage in Behr concrete paint and its already coming up less than a year later.

Most of those floor paints recommend acid cleaning them before applying.

Has anyone used both the enamel and epoxy what are the pros and cons of both if so?

I have a three car garage so it will cost a good bit of money and I want that money to be well spent. I don't want any bad experiances like thegeneral with the behr paint.

I did mine with the stuff from Home Depot. It came as a kit with the acid and roller and everything needed. Can't remember the name brand ,but it seems to be holding up well. Wife parks the minivan on it every day. Be prepared to spend the whole day doing it cause a 3 car is a lot of ground to cover and it all has to be done within the alotted time so the epoxy in the paint doesn't harden.

I did my garage with a product called Salt-Shield made by Speeco. It's a waterbased acquious solution that bonds with the salts in the concrete and makes it impervious to any fliuds. Nothin will touch it. Acid,oil etc.. Spills just dont soak in. It's not a covering and doesnt change the texture of your floor..

Use a garden sprayer to put it on. no mess :) I love this stuff... was $200 to do my 20x20 floor about 5 years ago.. Never need to touch it again.

rbo1577186 said:
.. A dude up the street laid down this checkered tile, said he did the whole garage ( 20 x 25?? ) for under $200. SHARP, looks like victory lane. To make the stuff stick spend some time cleaning your concrete.

Can you find out more about this tile...sounds nice!

OK, caught up with him jogging this morning. I was wrong (must have been drinking when I first spoke to him, imagine that) about the price, it was just under $300. He said he bought the tile at Home Depot. It's about 18" squares. Had to clean the floor, let it dry overnight or so. Said he had to scuff the bottom of the tiles and glued them down. I can't find the stuff of Home Depots web site, but I might go looking at the store soon...

Hmm, I wonder if this is just "regular" floor tile... (like you would put in a kitchen)

Sam

SHINTON said:
Hmm, I wonder if this is just "regular" floor tile... (like you would put in a kitchen)
Sam

I would guess it's the tile like in grocery store and places like that. You can buy it at home depot and comes in a balck and white color. I looked about doing the garage at one of our old house with that stuff. Looked like it would hold up good and the best way I could find to make it stick was liquid nail. I talked to a guy that had done his one car garage with it and rented a commercial waxer every year or so to get it looking good again.

I have used both the ones that come from Home Depot and Lowes. They both work OK as far a covering the floor but neither are really that great. Both will chip and then peel. I think this stuff is a get what you pay for type of thing. I have the Sherwin Williams epoxy on my garage floor now and it works very well. Like some one stated above it was a little $$, but I think well worth it. I used a little over 4 gallons on my oversized two car garage. I used a gallon just on each bay where I thought all the traffic and spills would be. I did mine over a weeks period of time while they were building the house so that also helped.

If you really want to get the best stuff out I have a name of a company that does the coatings on all of our manufacturing plant floors. The stuff is very $$$ but I have yet to see anything hurt it. We have even had fires on it and it still cleans up like new. If your interested I can get the business card at work.

Kevin

hey YAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do we get that stuff from and whats the real name of it and what amount does it come in and how much does it cost and what colors does it come in?????

rubikrawler:smokin: :beer:

Back