Gears

jchmelo

Anyone know of a good place to get some new gears done in or around raleigh? i was quoted about $1500 from one place but that seems high to me or is that about right?. Im located in raleigh any good places around?????

Thank you for the info!!

Anyone know of a good place to get some new gears done in or around raleigh? i was quoted about $1500 from one place but that seems high to me or is that about right?. Im located in raleigh any good places around?????

Thank you for the info!!

Chase or Andy at ECGS will hook you up.

does 1500 seem high?

does 1500 seem high?

For what? Gears, lockers, install kits, labor?

ECGS has always been more than fair on price, imho.

i was quoted like 1500 for a set of 5.13's installed just the gears out the door all gears and install kits and the install.... in a jeep jk rubicon high or just right?

i was quoted like 1500 for a set of 5.13's installed just the gears out the door all gears and install kits and the install.... in a jeep jk rubicon high or just right?

are you referring to a set as 1 axle or two?

$1500 isn't crazy high or anything.

We (UJOR) are running a special right now at $1100 out the door. But we are in Asheville, may be a bit too far. You can see our ad in the Vendor Specials sub forum.

yeah 1100 to like 1300 seems about right to me but i dont know a whole lot about gears.
I was refering to a set as both axles

Take out the front driveshaft before you get there and they will drop the price a little. They (ECGS) installed my gears and an ARB locker for a little over $1300. I ran the air lines and installed the compressor myself. Plus they have a 5 year warranty that they stand behind

Figure 6-8 hours start to finish for the install plus 600 or so for parts and you are right around 1000- 1200.

The other option is to buy the tools and put them in yourself. You will come out ahead and learn more about your Jeep in the process. Poly performance has great instructions on their website. I'm sure that there is someone close that wouldn't mind checking your work for you. If you were close to Charlotte I would do it for you.

You're not giving us very specific details.

Like all the parts, etc. Doesn't a Rubi have airlockers front and rear? Generally additional labor to set the gear up with air lockers because of the seal housings and copper lines. The master installs may require adapter bearings. Stuff like that.

Without knowing all the details, $1500 may be cheap! Never known Chase to be high priced!

Oh..and to buy the tools you should have for a proper gear replacement...you will never come out enuff ahead to justify the amount of work! (Case spreader alone is $500!)

You're not giving us very specific details.

Like all the parts, etc. Doesn't a Rubi have airlockers front and rear? Generally additional labor to set the gear up with air lockers because of the seal housings and copper lines. The master installs may require adapter bearings. Stuff like that.

Without knowing all the details, $1500 may be cheap! Never known Chase to be high priced!

Oh..and to buy the tools you should have for a proper gear replacement...you will never come out enuff ahead to justify the amount of work! (Case spreader alone is $500!)

TJ Rubi's had air lockers, JK Rubi's have electric lockers. You are correct that purchasing the proper tools to do quality gear installs adds up quickly. I personally have thousands invested in quality, bame brand, application specific tools just for gear installs.

I stand behind our (UJOR) quote at $1100 out the door for the OP. With what he's saving, he could even have a mini-vacation up here in the mountains. It'll be hard to beat that price considering the quality of work we turn out.

Back