GearWrench flex head wrenches

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
Gear wrenches are the bomb.....as long as you do not use them as final tighten or break loose on real tight fasteners. I've split the internal box on a few or galled the ratched mechanisim to the point it won't [ratchet].

The flex heads are ok, the pins wear and they become super floppy, a pain when you are in a tight spot that the gear wrench is good for but at an odd angle. I don't own any flex wrenches for this reason, have borrowed a few and experienced this.

a basic set of Gear Wrenches in addition to regular sets of long and short pattern wrenches are a good mix. I have a 1" gear wrench (reversable) that is the bomb for doing power steering pump pulley removal/install on Ford and GM.

Someday I'll reinvest in another full set, replacing the ones I have missing from the theivery a few weeks ago.

Kevin

Soooo.... I'm sorry is that a Yeah or Neah on the Flex Head option? Think I'll get the GearWrench either way, just debating this one feature.
I'm not a mechanic by trade, just work on my own cars/Toy, so don't forsee alot of heavy use (although I do tend to be kinda hard on my tools, hence tend to invest in quality).

daddy has the craftsman ones, both flex head and non. i personally couldnt justify the extra cost of the flex head ones if i were buying a set, but there are times when it has come in handy.

Duane

RatLabGuy said:
Soooo.... I'm sorry is that a Yeah or Neah on the Flex Head option?

neither, it was an opinion based on personal experiance. your experiances may vary.

gear wrenches are a nice tool, for me the "flex" option is not a need ( as in, "I" have never found myself thinking that I need those tools for any particular application )

I have found there seem to be several different levels of 'quality' in the constuction of Gear Wrenches. Bought my first set off a tool truck, they were branded with said vendors parent logo, THEY SUCKED, I spread out the open end the first ime I used them (on a driveshaft bolt for a Toyota truck). took them back. Bought an actual "GEAR WRENCH" brand set from another tool vendor, no issues thus far.

Kevin

One of the best tools in my tool box. Gear Wrench brand is the one to get. When you need 'em, they become worth their wieght in gold.

Back