Generators at Uwharrie

lobie

Anyone know what the rules are for generators in campsites? Hours you can run them?

Anyone know what the rules are for generators in campsites? Hours you can run them?

Never really come across this issue before... I mainly think its because Arrowhead has electricity hook ups so the people that would use a generator all ready have access to electricity, and the people that enjoy more primitive camping stay that the ones that don't have electricity (hunt camp etc) and that isn't an issue. If I had to speak for arrowhead at least "quiet time" is after 10pm. So if its a loud generator then I am guessing you would have to cut it off at 10 if you were staying at Arrowhead.

I have not heard one really run past 10pm down at Badin either, but if you really wanted to run it all night i guess you could just go to somewhere like Art Lilley.

The reason I ask is cause ECI is coming up in June and the CFSJC rents out the Badin Group Camp. There is no power there. Was thinking about either staying at Arrowhead or running the generator. Arrowhead would be cheaper but it's not with the FSJ crowd.

Come to think about it now....I'm not sure the camper will fit through the Group camp entrance. From what I remember it's pretty tight fit.

It is a tight fit forsure, but have seen numerous campers / trailers in there.

We have had a 38ft motor home in group camp before. I dont think that there are any rules for having a generator at group camp. Although if you have a loud one, the generator ninjas might pay you a visit.

Back