getting lost

woodpd

so I take my wife and little girls camping at arrowhead over the weekend. saturday we take my xj with just a 3in lift and 31s out on the trails. not a bad day and met some nice people at a traffic jam in the woods. well we went to the parking lot and had some bbq and hotdogs with the hotdog guy and his laddy. so my wife was navigating and we were going to go to kodak around rockymount loop, well we ended up taking the wrong side and came to a crossing. my wife said well left goes back to the road so we should go right. me being the good hubby go right. well I have been on every trail except one becuase I know it is realy beyond my jeep. well we go along and nothing looks the same and it gets rocky then we come to a big rock mountain, (did you guess the trail yet). so my wife says we are not going up that and I agree and say let me go to the top and ask directions. well you got it we are on daniel. so I turn around and head back down. the one good thing out of it was my wife said so you realy need biger tires and more lift so go ahead and do it. she is starting to like going on the trails and the girls.

You stumbled upon the back side of daniel, once you get to the top, you would head back down daniel, and that would not have been good. Ive gone up and down, and man going down is an adrenaline rush from hell, but not with the wife and kids and not in a mild build XJ.

Uwharrie is a great place, I suggest you get one of Eli's maps if you haven't already.

Way to go! Get the director of finance to buy into the sport...now she understands why you NEED these mods. :D

Sent via smoke signal

If you think the back side of Daniel is difficult, don't ever try the front side.

I've done Daniel in my DD XJ, 3in lift and bald 31s...being locked front and rear is the key.

Seen it done dry yes. Wet all those trails take on a whole new meaning! FUN!

If you think the back side of Daniel is difficult, don't ever try the front side.

No doubt!

Its not that I thought the back side was real bad as matter fact I now know I can make it that far. It just is always different when I have the kids in the truck but I do see now why it black.

we got my and buddies xj up Daniel without bypassing anything mines,3.75 lift front 4 in rear his is 3 in all around with saggy springs , both open open on 31s , cant imagin doin it In a down pour though!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I remember doing Daniel on P235/75-R15s with no lift, open front and LSD rear, good times.

Anyway about the intersection of Daniel and Rocky Mountain Loop its easy to end up on Daniel if you aren't familiar with the trails, or even if you are familiar with them when its at night. We have replaced the carsonite signs marking that intersection, but people keep stealing the Daniel one.

aimg694.imageshack.us_img694_1554_0820111124.jpg

Uwharrie is a great place, I suggest you get one of Eli's maps if you haven't already.

Speaking of, here is a link to the map thread that has the latest up to date versions available:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/current-uwharrie-trail-maps-up-to-date.80426/

You aren't the first and won't be the last to end up on Daniel by accident. Irony of it is the workday we put the above sign up a couple on ATVs had ended up on Daniel by accident earlier in the day before we had put up the sign. They stopped and talked with us later in the day when we were putting up other signs. Maybe one day people will stop stealing the Daniel signs and less people will get lost.

I remember doing Daniel on P235/75-R15s with no lift, open front and LSD rear, good times.

Anyway about the intersection of Daniel and Rocky Mountain Loop its easy to end up on Daniel if you aren't familiar with the trails, or even if you are familiar with them when its at night. We have replaced the carsonite signs marking that intersection, but people keep stealing the Daniel one.

aimg694.imageshack.us_img694_1554_0820111124.jpg

Speaking of, here is a link to the map thread that has the latest up to date versions available:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/current-uwharrie-trail-maps-up-to-date.80426/

You aren't the first and won't be the last to end up on Daniel by accident. Irony of it is the workday we put the above sign up a couple on ATVs had ended up on Daniel by accident earlier in the day before we had put up the sign. They stopped and talked with us later in the day when we were putting up other signs. Maybe one day people will stop stealing the Daniel signs and less people will get lost.
no didnt see that post in the ground.. still it was cool up to the big hill my kids loved it..

Circa 2006, or early 2007 I think it was, I took my bone stock Samurai with open diffs on 215 street tires up Daniel. I did end up with the front bumper in the back seat before I got to the 3-way hill climb :) . It was dry, and the first ledge was much smaller back in those days.

Back