GM Automatic Transmission Builder Near Charlotte

Kickdeez

Looking for someone to rebuild and upgrade (as necessary) a 700R4 for a buggy. Looking for someone knowledgeable in GM transmissions, and preferably someone who understands wheeling/rock crawling.

Keith Hartis 704 577 6644 He does a lot of rebuilds and knows performance. He is City Chevrolets trans guy but does it on the side too. I don't know that he knows rock crawling too much but he does a lot of race stuff. He's in Matthews. He takes a while to get back to you sometimes becuase he cant take these calls at work.

I just recently had the transmission in my truck rebuilt by AAMCO off albemarle rd, Jon the owner seemed to be a standup guy, not sure of his knowledge of the off-road/crawling world, but he did have me back up and running in two days. He was very helpful in showing me the diagrams of my transmission, what failed and what he replaced/upgraded along the way. He may be worth a call as well to see if he could help

I feel like there is a builder in SC that folks used to use all the time. Maybe @Ron knows who I am talking about.

Sigmon's in Granite Falls has built a number of trans for different folks in this area, both for offroad and not. He doesnt know a great deal about offroad, but is good at building trans.

You are thinking of Cook's Racing in Cowpens, just off I 85 at exit 83 (23 miles from the state line)

They were the gold standard forever. They went way down hill maybe 10 years ago when Bobby stepped back a bit. Ive heard they have their shit back straight but they havent done anything for me.
I know both me and another member here (maybe Watford or Winget) had problems same time I did....

I cant in good faith recommend them based on my last experience. But in their day they were great. And they have 4wd experience...or at least built a bunch of trans for guys who did.

Someone here told me about a place on S.Blvd. near 485. Charlotte/Pineville. J&B, J&E Something like that. I can't find it now.
Seems like one of the mechanics, is a member on here.

Back