GM tie rod ends on Super Duty 60

Kamel

I searched to no avail. I may not be using the correct terms. Tried using GM 1 ton tie rods on my Super Duty axle swap. The castle nut doesn't go low enough to insert cotter pin. I know I could drill it, but was wondering if there was a better option out there. Google also failed me. So what have ye all used?

Get a taper reemer from Barnes 4 wheel drive and teem is a bit. They sell tie rod ends too

You should be able to ream it deeper so it will sit down further and expose more of the threads. If nothing else, there are some companies that make regular straight tie rods for the SD axles.

I'm pretty sure the SD knuckle is too thick in that area to use a normal GM tierod end. You will have to find a tierod end with a longer tapered shank, or make the knuckle thinner in that area. If you ream too deep the body of the tierod end will bind out on the knuckle and you won't get hardly any misalignment.

Sounds like I'm going to have this same issue soon. Easiest solution to keep gm tre is trim the knuckle some it seems and prolly what I will do to avoid changing parts.

Why not just use the stock super duty joints?

Back