Going to the Uwarrie on Friday

Good thing is all trails are open again. Wolf Den and Dutch John both.

Winds have wreaked some havoc up here on the trails. For the most part just leaning over the trails up high, but need to keep an eye out.

Hi, what time you arriving at Uwharrie? You linking up at the Outpost? I am down in the Fayetteville area and thinking about doing a day trip. Thanks

Trails are OK. Just got some trees that have half way fallen over the trails but are still sitting high up.

I will have hit all of the rest tomorrow so will update tomorrow evening how we are looking up here.

Going up the Back side of Daniel just past the mud puddle where the big tree is there is a smaller tree crossing the trail
About 6 inches round. Bunch of big ones leaning over on other trails but nothing else in the way i seen out here.

Last edited:
Hi, looks good for me to make it. I'll be driving a black 85 Toyota PU. Please don't wait if I am not there when it is your time to go. Thanks.

Informed the FS today about all the stuff doen over the trails, but they are really busy right now so figure them to still be over the trail for you out there.

I will be out there tomorrow in my Grey Cherokee tomorrow also. I think ill be out at the outpost around 11 or noon.

Hi, I was there must have missed you. I had a coolent hose rupture and was repairing it in front of the Outpost. Maybe next time.

Man I was at the Bojangles, got back in my jeep started it and there was a ticking noise. Needless to say my motor is done. SOB!!! I was only 15 min away...I'm going to do the 2.5L to 4L swap.... Looking for a motor now hope to get back out there by the end of the season... HOPE!!!!

Better there than on Kodak rock. My Toyota dumped all it's coolent in front of the Outpost. I cut the end of the hose off and it didn't fit correctly. Leaked some so I did a couple easy trails for my effort then limped home. I am pushing 280 K on the thing so it has a few minor band aids on it that way I will fix this winter. Catch you next time.

Back