good late model toyota mechanic needed

Ok so I have had some issues with my 05 tacoma 4.0L. it is throwing a code for #2 O2 sensor low voltage on both banks. I have done all I know to do to try and fix it, I have take it to my "general mechanic in Thomasville and he can figure it our. he did change the O2 sensor (again) free of charge and can't figure it out. he says he knows how to trick the computer to make it pass inspection but the CEL will come back on. I want this fixed. the leading suggestions from most of the forums are take it to toyota, I did and they told me it was because I SASed my truck, with out even looking into it. the other suggestions were there is a short in the wiring (I don't know how to trace it) or the computer is bad (expensive to just hope the computer is bad and just replace it)

I need some one who know what they are doing and isn't going to just shrug their shoulder and say "I can't do it because…good luck" I would prefer it to be near Lexington NC

any suggests are appreciated

Any decent local shop will be able to help you. Very straight foward diagnosis, probably one of the easiest. The repair could be in depth or expensive in some cases but its a easy diag 99% of the time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

What is the warranty on emissions control stuff? That system probably hasnt been modified. O2 sensors are expendable items, the wiring is not.

Get the ecm pinout, un hook the ecm, ohm the wires between the ecm and the o2 plug.

Get the ecm pinout, un hook the ecm, ohm the wires between the ecm and the o2 plug.
We like to test ours loaded. You sell the load pro right?
That would be a great tool for this guy if he wants to diag it himself! If not best way would be test at the sensor with it plugged in using a paperclip or needle back probing the connector.

We like to test ours loaded. You sell the load pro right?
That would be a great tool for this guy if he wants to diag it himself! If not best way would be test at the sensor with it plugged in using a paperclip or needle back probing the connector.
Yeap i sell it, great tool for the money.

Ive got a Toyota mechanic that lives right behind me in Stokesdale....
Ill give his info if anyone wants a really smart guy to work on their Toyota...Ive got an Avalon and he just did my timing belts and alignment.
He also just built a shop with a lift and does some bodywork also....

Back