gooseneck/fifth wheel

orange150

my truck has a goose neck hitch on it already which i like and definatly want to keep. but it also has two bars that run across the bed which i was told were for a fifth wheel. I dont want a fifth wheel at all and the bars are really in the way when hauling things. can i take them out without worrying about it messing the goose neck up structurally? I havent had time to look at it thoroughly, been busy with school, work, and moving into a new house and out of that damn apartment... apartments suck.

Attachments

• Picture668.jpg
    Picture668.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 335
Those are bars for a fifth wheel and should not be attached to any part of the gooseneck. It will be mounted seperate. I have had 2 trucks with fifth wheel and gooseneck hitches. I sold the trucks with the bars left in the truck like that because it is a pain to remove. Just the mounting bars don't cost that much. On the ends of the fifth wheel mounting bars there should be an L bracket mounting them to the frame. I have seen some just mounted through the bed without the L brackets used at all. (the home installer that thinks this is enough)

If you remove these I'd be interested in buying them from you. I have the hitch but don't have the mounts. Sold my truck and left them in it and have not replaced them yet in the new truck. KC

Back