Gooseneck - Tag combo

Coupler to axle placement. Deck to axle centerline ratios are way different if built by anybody worth mentioning. The load placement for anything near rated capacity would make it dang near impossible to achieve without overloading the hitch point.

Weight properly placed on a gooseneck is substantially higher at the coupler. This is the whole point to actually have the front axle carry a small percentage of weight, evenly planting the tow vehicle. I would argue a dually should be required to pull a gooseneck, even I own a single rear wheel. But my single rear wheel with capacity weight behind my gooseneck still out handles my 11 thousand pound tag camper all day.

On a completely different note; why are these things so damn expensive? I look at the sum of the parts and don't see the cost. Anyone here could build something like this in a weekend with about 500-800 bucks worth of materiel....
Engineering. Liability. Nitch Market.

Both the wife and I have short bed trucks because megacab. We both have B&W GN and the ball pulls out and flips for flush storage in the mount. Always there and never lost. Either way I don’t see why you could or ever would want to put a GN on a conventional bumper pull hitch unless as stated you were just moving it around the yard.
B&H flips over to be perfectly flat on short beds :rolleyes:

And Phillip, both Adam and I have pictures of ours resting on your forehead from Asheville :smokin: So there's proof for your short bed ball theory :rockon:

Shawn is referring to these things:

71df0fd7c80ce08e35d5ffafc581beb5.image.184x200.jpg

Because he has insisted for years that a short bed truck cant pull a gooseneck trailer because his is flat and square across the front and would hit the cab if you turned tight. And thats a real concern. Wasnt it Nazir that crushed the back of a brand new Mega Cab? Of course if you have F*&^ You money who cares.

Also open deck G/N or tapered front enclosed dont have this problem.

Not every B&W owner with a short bed uses those adapt a hitches but enough do to make it a plausible situation, I guess.

You guys are just jealous because your penis is small because you dont have a long bed truck like he does.

Then again the guy who owns the farm next to mine has a GN hitch in his 90s Mazda b2200...and Ive seen him haul (a few - like 2) cows with that thing...sketchy as hell to me. But he is older and much much richer than I so I respect my elders and wave everytime I see him do it. He also, btw has a 2019 Ram Cummins Dually....but he hates driving it because its too high to climb into and his mazda has a tape deck.

You guys are just jealous because your penis is small because you dont have a long bed truck like he does.

I'm not sure that you have accurately represented the causality here, but the individual clauses appear to be true.

Also, you were the one insisting that you could haul a box trailer with a offset ball, until I demonstrated otherwise. I could give two shits if SWB guys cave in their cab corners.

Also, you were the one insisting that you could and did haul a box trailer without an offset ball, and without issue
FIFY

You worded that wrong Ron. You highlighted the wrong end of the spectrum. Instead of focus on a small penis, I think you meant massive dick

My dick is directly reflected but the length of my megacab bed, short but it gets the job done. My GN stocker is a v nose but my 5er camper is not and there for I have a B&W companion slider. I did buy my wife a 6” offset GN ball because she wanted the piece of mind due to not towing very often and we have had no problems this far.

Back